* Linux NetRom Node Question
@ 2009-09-26 23:35 Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2009-09-26 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Hello all,

I have been working on setting up a RMS WinLink2000 gateway on Linux for our
local club. I wanted to set the box up to send out NetRom Broadcasts so it
would so up on the node list on all the local nodes. I have setup the nrports
and nrbroadcast files up per the man pages(see config files below), but when
I run the nrattach command I can't get it to bring up the nr0 interface. It
gives me no errors when I run nrattach, but when I cat /proc/net/nr_nodes
afterwards I see no node info. Also if I ifconfig nr0 after running nrattach
it shows up with no callsign.
Is there something I'm missing?

The box is running openSuse 11.1 with the 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae kernel.

Thanks all and 73's

Jeremiah Puhek
KD7DMP
-------------------------
uname -a
Linux wr7vhf-rms 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-07-01 15:37:09 +0200 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
------------------------------------
# /etc/ax25/nrbroadcast
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# ax25_name min_obs def_qual worst_qual verbose
#
pk96    10      192     100     1

---------------------------------------
# /etc/ax25/nrports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign alias paclen description
#
winl2k  WR7VHF  WINL2k  236     node for the RMS

# /etc/ax25/axports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign speed paclen window description
#
pk96    wr7vhf          19200   255     4       BackBone Port

* Linux NetRom Node Question
@ 2009-10-04 18:46 Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2009-10-04 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Hello all,

I am still working on setting up our RMS to send out NetRom Broadcasts. I have
added a "dummy" entry into the nrports file for connection outbound from the
node. I also corrected the entry for the RMS. Running nrattach it comes back
with "NET/ROM port winl2k bound to device nr0", but it never shows up when I
run ifconfig. There are no errors in the system logs when I run nrattach.
Does anyone have an example nrports file they would be willing to share? I'm
a bit stuck on this because the nr0 interface does not come up and the system
gives me no errors in /var/log/messages.

Thanks

Jeremiah
KD7DMP

nrports-------------
# /etc/ax25/nrports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign alias paclen description
#
switch  WR7VHF-14       #WINL2k 235     dummy for the RMS
winl2k  WR7VHF-10       WINL2K  235     RMS

nrbroadcast------------
# /etc/ax25/nrbroadcast
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# ax25_name min_obs def_qual worst_qual verbose
#
pk96    5       250     100     0

axports-----------
# /etc/ax25/axports