* Linux NetRom Node Question
@ 2009-09-26 23:35 Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2009-09-26 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Hello all,

I have been working on setting up a RMS WinLink2000 gateway on Linux for our
local club. I wanted to set the box up to send out NetRom Broadcasts so it
would so up on the node list on all the local nodes. I have setup the nrports
and nrbroadcast files up per the man pages(see config files below), but when
I run the nrattach command I can't get it to bring up the nr0 interface. It
gives me no errors when I run nrattach, but when I cat /proc/net/nr_nodes
afterwards I see no node info. Also if I ifconfig nr0 after running nrattach
it shows up with no callsign.
Is there something I'm missing?

The box is running openSuse 11.1 with the 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae kernel.

Thanks all and 73's

Jeremiah Puhek
KD7DMP
-------------------------
uname -a
Linux wr7vhf-rms 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-07-01 15:37:09 +0200 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
------------------------------------
# /etc/ax25/nrbroadcast
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# ax25_name min_obs def_qual worst_qual verbose
#
pk96    10      192     100     1

---------------------------------------
# /etc/ax25/nrports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign alias paclen description
#
winl2k  WR7VHF  WINL2k  236     node for the RMS

# /etc/ax25/axports
#
# The format of this file is:
#
# name callsign speed paclen window description
#
pk96    wr7vhf          19200   255     4       BackBone Port

* Re: Linux NetRom Node Question
@ 2009-09-27  0:12 ` Ray Wells
From: Ray Wells @ 2009-09-27  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremiah; +Cc: linux-hams

Just to clarify a point, have you loaded the netrom module?

Ray vk2tv

@ 2009-09-27  6:54   ` Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2009-09-27  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ray Wells; +Cc: linux-hams

I guess I did forget that part.
Yes I have loaded the netrom module.

@ 2009-10-05  4:32   ` Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2009-10-05  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Ronan; +Cc: linux-hams

Hello,

Thanks for the Reply John.
I have tried just has you showed and I get the "NET/ROM port netrom bound to
device nr0". But when I if ifconfig nr0 it does not have the node call after
the HWaddr.
I'm running OpenSuse 11.1 below is the out put of uname.

Linux wr7vhf-rms 2.6.27.25-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2009-07-01 15:37:09 +0200 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

That is really the only glitch I'm running into is that the nr0 port neve
attaches to the call for the node.

Thanks
Jeremiah
KD7DMP