* [Virtio-fs] Changes in -dev branch
@ 2020-01-10 19:03 Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-01-10 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs

Hi,
   I've just pushed a new version of the virtio-fs-dev branch in
 https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu

some things to note:

  a) The old '-o vhost_user_socket' syntax has now been replaced
     by the syntax matching qemu's standardised vhost-user interface
     which is;

     ./virtiofsd --socket-path=/path/whereever

  b) It's got about 64 of the main patches reviewed by Daniel Berrangé
     - about another 40 that need reviewing; please leap in
     and review any patches on the qemu-devel thread for any patches
     that are missing reviews.

  c) The set that I've just pushed has fixes for all the things
     Daniel spotted; so there's a bunch of mostly minor changes.

  d) It's also got patches that were received on list since
     mid December.

Dave

* [Virtio-fs] Changes in -dev branch
@ 2020-10-28 19:00 Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-10-28 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs

Hi,
   I've just pushed a new version of the virtio-fs-dev branch in
  https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu

This is based off a very recent qemu tree, and we've got some new
virtiofs features in (thanks to all contributors):

  a) A new sandbox option that uses chroot rather than pivot_root
    and namespacing

  b) A mechanism that lets xattr names be translated between the
    host and guest.

  c) an explicit configure option (--enable-virtiofsd) to force
   compilation of virtiofsd - the build system will then tell
   you if you're missing build dependencies rather than quietly
   disabling it.

Dave

* [Virtio-fs] Changes in -dev branch
@ 2020-09-23 12:28 Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2020-09-23 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs

Hi,
   I've just pushed a new version of the virtio-fs-dev branch in
  https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu

There's no major changes from the virtiofs world in there, but it is
based on a bleeding edge qemu build, which has some major changes in
it's build system.

Note that the virtiofsd binary ends up in ./tools/virtiofsd/virtiofsd
rather than the top level where the existing build system puts it.

Dave

* [Virtio-fs] Changes in -dev branch
@ 2019-12-11 12:16 Dr. David Alan Gilbert
From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert @ 2019-12-11 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs

Hi,
  I've just pushed a new version of the virtio-fs-dev branch in
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/qemu

some things to note:

  a) It's now rebased on upstream qemu 4.2-rc5
  b) The virtiofsd is now in tools/virtiofsd rather than contrib
     (after a long discussion on qemu-devel about where people
      want it)
  c) I've reformatted all the files to match qemu's coding style
     guidelines; mostly.  This is a mostly automatic process
     with some hand tweaking.  There's the possibility some stuff
     is screwed up so I need to check on it.
  d) It now uses libcap-ng rather libcap; that's the way qemu is
     moving, allthough the change is a bit hairy.
  e) If you're missing either libseccomp or libcapng during build
     it will omit virtiofsd rather than failing the build.

Dave