* can't pull any sources anymore
@ 2015-01-09 14:10 Matthias.Heise
From: Matthias.Heise @ 2015-01-09 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm not able to pull any sources for a little time now. As test I re-tried an already working setup by again following some tutorial and trying to setup a fresh repo. The repo init works but the sync fails. I should mention that due to network limitations I replace git:// urls with https:// . Is it possible that this doesn't work anymore (I mean it is replaced but maybe the online repos don't support it anymore seamlessly)?
Thanks

Mat

* Re: can't pull any sources anymore
@ 2015-01-09 16:08 ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2015-01-09 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias.Heise, yocto

On 01/09/2015 06:10 AM, Matthias.Heise@atlas-elektronik.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to pull any sources for a little time now. As test I re-tried an already working setup by again following some tutorial and trying to setup a fresh repo. The repo init works but the sync fails. I should mention that due to network limitations I replace git:// urls with https:// . Is it possible that this doesn't work anymore (I mean it is replaced but maybe the online repos don't support it anymore seamlessly)?

Can you be more specific, are you talking about the git repos at
git.yoctoproject.org or some other git source?

You say a "repo init works", does that mean an initial clone or ?  What
commands are you running?

I think a little more information is needed here.

Sau!

@ 2015-01-09 19:44   ` Michael Halstead
From: Michael Halstead @ 2015-01-09 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, Matthias.Heise

On 01/09/2015 08:08 AM, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 01/09/2015 06:10 AM, Matthias.Heise@atlas-elektronik.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not able to pull any sources for a little time now. As test I
>> re-tried an already working setup by again following some tutorial
>> and trying to setup a fresh repo. The repo init works but the sync
>> fails. I should mention that due to network limitations I replace
>> git:// urls with https:// . Is it possible that this doesn't work
>> anymore (I mean it is replaced but maybe the online repos don't
>> support it anymore seamlessly)?
Mat,

Please note that the git:// and http:// URLs have a different structure.
For example,

git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
http://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky
https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky

You can find these URLs at the bottom of any project page in cgit
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/

Please try running "git clone https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky" and
if it fails send me the output.

Thank you,

Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / SysAdmin

@ 2015-01-12  7:19   ` Matthias.Heise
From: Matthias.Heise @ 2015-01-12  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sgw, yocto

Hello Saul,

thanks for your reply, I'm running the "repo init" command as in many tutorials, this is the line :

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dizzy

after the init I find following in the manifest.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

  <default sync-j="4" revision="master"/>

  <remote fetch="git://git.yoctoproject.org" name="yocto"/>

  <remote fetch="git://github.com/Freescale" name="freescale"/>

  <remote fetch="git://git.openembedded.org" name="oe"/>

  <project remote="yocto" revision="dizzy" name="poky" path="sources/poky"/>

  <project remote="yocto" revision="dizzy" name="meta-fsl-arm" path="sources/meta-fsl-arm"/>

  <project remote="oe" revision="dizzy" name="meta-openembedded" path="sources/meta-openembedded"/>

  <project remote="freescale" revision="dizzy" name="fsl-community-bsp-base" path="sources/base">

                <copyfile dest="README" src="README"/>

                <copyfile dest="setup-environment" src="setup-environment"/>

  </project>

  <project remote="freescale" revision="dizzy" name="meta-fsl-arm-extra" path="sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra"/>

  <project remote="freescale" revision="dizzy" name="meta-fsl-demos" path="sources/meta-fsl-demos"/>

  <project remote="freescale" revision="dizzy" name="Documentation" path="sources/Documentation"/>

</manifest>

So you can see it is git.yoctoproject.org as well as others.

When running repo sync which as I understand it actually pulls the sources I get :

Fetching project Documentation

Fetching project poky

Fetching project repo

Fetching project meta-fsl-arm-extra

fatal: Invalid gitfile format: /home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp_NEWTEST/.repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle

Fetching projects:  12% (1/8)  Fetching project fsl-community-bsp-base

Fetching projects:  25% (2/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-arm

Fetching projects:  37% (3/8)  Fetching project meta-openembedded

Fetching projects:  50% (4/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-demos

error: Failed connect to git.openembedded.org:443; Connection refused while accessing https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed

Fetching projects:  62% (5/8)  fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

error: Failed connect to git.openembedded.org:443; Connection refused while accessing https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed

fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

error: Cannot fetch meta-openembedded

error: Cannot fetch poky

error: Cannot fetch meta-fsl-arm

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

and here I'm stuck ...

@ 2015-01-12 13:03     ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2015-01-12 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias.Heise; +Cc: yocto

* Matthias.Heise@atlas-elektronik.com <Matthias.Heise@atlas-elektronik.com> [150112 08:22]:
> thanks for your reply, I'm running the "repo init" command as in many tutorials, this is the line :

> repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dizzy

I've just tried to replicate your steps, and everything works OK.

> after the init I find following in the manifest.xml :

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <manifest>
>   <default sync-j="4" revision="master"/>
>   <remote fetch="git://git.yoctoproject.org" name="yocto"/>

Look here, git://git.yoctoproject.org, which should be OK.

...SNIP...
> </manifest>

> So you can see it is git.yoctoproject.org as well as others.

> When running repo sync which as I understand it actually pulls the sources I get :

> Fetching project Documentation

> Fetching project poky

> Fetching project repo

> Fetching project meta-fsl-arm-extra

> fatal: Invalid gitfile format: /home/theuser/fsl-community-bsp_NEWTEST/.repo/repo/.git/clone.bundle

> Fetching projects:  12% (1/8)  Fetching project fsl-community-bsp-base

> Fetching projects:  25% (2/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-arm

> Fetching projects:  37% (3/8)  Fetching project meta-openembedded

> Fetching projects:  50% (4/8)  Fetching project meta-fsl-demos

> error: Failed connect to git.openembedded.org:443; Connection refused while accessing https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/info/refs

> fatal: HTTP request failed

> Fetching projects:  62% (5/8)  fatal: https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Look here, https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky... See that the protocol
has been changed from git to https. Do you have any rules set up that
in your git-configuration that rewrites URLs? The https:// URL should
look like https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky/...

When `repo sync` works for me, I'm still getting the git:// URLs.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB

* Re: can't pull any sources anymore
@ 2015-01-12 13:28       ` Matthias.Heise
From: Matthias.Heise @ 2015-01-12 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anders; +Cc: yocto

Hi Anders,

yes, in my git config I replace git:// with https:// I'm forced to do so as git doesn't go through the company network. If I change the url in the manifest.xml to
https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky/ it works on that part but I didn't find out yet how the other links should look like for https:// . So the process breaks a little later again. I'm trying to get git cleared here but don't know how the chances are. Why must the urls be different for git and https ? ... ;-)
thanks,
Mat