* cmipci surround sound front-left plays on lfe
@ 2010-09-09  8:10 Tom Corner
From: Tom Corner @ 2010-09-09  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

 I've been going around and around on this.  The surround sound 5.1 is
playing fine except channel 0 (front-left) is playing on the woofer.  I
have a Terratec Aureon fun - CMI8738-MC6. I can redirect the output on 0
to right-front successfully using .asoundrc and "ttable.0.1 1".  I have
gotten desperate and have tested this card in Windows and was able to
get it working right there. I have been using the file
www_lynnemusic_com_surround_test.wma through mplayer and speaker-test to
to test the setup. I am using pulseaudio, but I reconfigured my system
without pulseaudio and get the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom Corner

* Re: cmipci surround sound front-left plays on lfe
       [not found]   ` <4C89DCD5.6040806@gmail.com>
@ 2010-09-10  7:33     ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2010-09-10  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Corner; +Cc: alsa-devel

Tom Corner wrote:
>  On 09/10/10 09:10, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
>> Tom Corner wrote:
>>> The surround sound 5.1 is playing fine except channel 0 (front-left)
>>> is playing on the woofer.
>>
>> And the software's front left channel is also playing on the front left
>> speaker?  And the subwoofer channel isn't playing on any speaker?
>
> No the subwoofer is playing correctly. The front-left is playing *only*
> on the subwoofer.  There is no sound at all coming out of the front-left
> speaker.

In other words, what happens is this?

speaker         output
----------------------
front L         silence
front R         front R
center          center
bass            mix of front L + bass
surround L      surround L
surround R      surround R

What happens when you run speaker-test with 4 and 2 channels?

Regards,
Clemens

* Re: cmipci surround sound front-left plays on lfe
@ 2010-09-10  7:10 ` Clemens Ladisch
       [not found]   ` <4C89DCD5.6040806@gmail.com>
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2010-09-10  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Corner; +Cc: alsa-devel

Tom Corner wrote:
> The surround sound 5.1 is playing fine except channel 0 (front-left)
> is playing on the woofer.

And the software's front left channel is also playing on the front left
speaker?  And the subwoofer channel isn't playing on any speaker?

> I can redirect the output on 0 to right-front successfully using
> .asoundrc and "ttable.0.1 1".

I do not understand how this is related to your problem.

Regards,
Clemens

* cmipci surround sound front-left plays on lfe
@ 2010-09-10  6:55 Tom Corner