* HFP gateway and new incoming connection
@ 2011-08-22 16:48 Arnaud Mouiche
From: Arnaud Mouiche @ 2011-08-22 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all.

I'm currently playing with the HFP unit role provided by bluez (ie. what
is related to audio/gateway.c)
No problem concerning the connection to a HFP gateway (ie. GSM most of
the time).

I have more concern with the reverse side, to accept incoming HFP
connection, as, obviously I didn't get time to register a "Handsfree
agent" for the particular new connecting device, at the proper time.

Today, I'm using bluez v4.95, but no real difference with the upstream
for this case.
Also, I didn't plan to use oFono.... even if it is great piece of software.

I also saw a discussions concerning the initial design in the mailling
list : http://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=126390401614859&w=2

_My questions:_
1) does this design is today "set in stone" ?

2) It seems the only ways to register an agent at the proper time are:
- to trace creation of new devices, and try to register an agent at this
time.
   But what if the device doesn't show HFP SDP record when connection
for the first time, and activate it later ?
   Any race conditions ?
or
- collect the authorization request in the adapter user agent, when
"audio_device_request_authorization" is called.
So it means that the user agent must forward request concerning the HFP
uuid to the HFP service.

True ?

3) What do you think of the possibility to set a "adapter based"
Handsfree agent, and use it when there is no "device based" handsfee
argent matching ?
(the same way "device_request_authentication" (src/device.c) is looking
for an agent registered to the device first, then, for an agent
registered to the adapter)

Regards,
Arnaud Mouiche