* [mlmmj] mlmmj and spf
@ 2012-05-11 11:41 theo borm
                   ` (11 more replies)
From: theo borm @ 2012-05-11 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Dear list members,

We operate a small, closed, moderated mailing list that recently stopped
working for a large part of its subscribers. The organization of which
these subscribers are a member maintains an SPF record which denies
access to all servers except a named few, which seems to be the cause of
these problems.

As a work-around I set mlmmj to use a different from address in the
"From:" header. This solution is, however, plainly bad as it removes the
original sender from the headers. I have seen other lists use "Sender:"
header, but results are a mixed bag. With strict SPF checking of the
"From:" header in place these mails also don't pass.

What would be the correct solution?

any help, pointers greatly appreciated.

regards, Theo