* OpenBMC GUI navigation -- User vs Security
@ 2019-03-29  2:31 susan jasinski
From: susan jasinski @ 2019-03-29  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Currently, the OpenBMC GUI has a single sign-on and there is a menu
called Users from which that panel is accessed.

Users
- Manage User Account

Now that we are developing LDAP user management and local user
management, I was thinking we could put them together under a menu
called "Security" that would replace the "Users" menu.

Security
- LDAP User Management
- Local User Management
- SSL Certificate Management (including certificate generation)
- others?

Does anyone have an option about this?

Thanks in advance, Susan Jasinski

* Re: OpenBMC GUI navigation -- User vs Security
@ 2019-03-29  5:06 ` Khetan, Sharad
From: Khetan, Sharad @ 2019-03-29  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: susan jasinski; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Susan,
Typically in server management the notion of security is different than user management. Perhaps “Authentication” or “Access Control” or “Access Management” can be a category for the items you list.
Thanks,
-Sharad

@ 2019-03-29 18:48   ` susan jasinski
From: susan jasinski @ 2019-03-29 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khetan, Sharad; +Cc: openbmc

Ok, Thank you, Sharad.

@ 2019-03-29 19:34   ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2019-03-29 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 3/28/19 10:06 PM, Khetan, Sharad wrote:
> Hi Susan,
> Typically in server management the notion of security is different than user management. Perhaps “Authentication” or “Access Control” or “Access Management” can be a category for the items you list.
> Thanks,
> -Sharad

+1  "User management" is a very different concept than "Security" and I
would advocate using a different term on the top level menu.

* Re: OpenBMC GUI navigation -- User vs Security
@ 2019-04-01 16:25     ` susan jasinski
From: susan jasinski @ 2019-04-01 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

> Typically in server management the notion of security is different than
> user management. Perhaps “Authentication” or “Access Control” or “Access
> Management” can be a category for the items you list.

Ok, I like “Access Control”. Do you agree?

@ 2019-04-01 16:45       ` Khetan, Sharad
From: Khetan, Sharad @ 2019-04-01 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'susan jasinski', openbmc

Typically in server management the notion of security is different than user management. Perhaps “Authentication” or “Access Control” or “Access Management” can be a category for the items you list.

Ok, I like “Access Control”. Do you agree?

I agree.  I would add that “Access Control” is a generic term (as opposed to “User Management”). This means some other items may potentially fall into this category.

@ 2019-05-10  3:11         ` Derick
From: Derick @ 2019-05-10  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: Khetan, Sharad

> I agree.  I would add that “Access Control” is a generic term (as opposed to “User Management”). This means some other items may potentially fall into this category.

This is the last email I could find on this thread. I would like to
verify we have reached consensus as we are approaching the time to
update the navigational structure from "Users" to "Access Control".
Once the "LDAP Settings" and "Certificate Management" work is
completed, we will be ready for the change.

Current Navigation Structure
- Users
  - Manage User Account

Proposed Navigation Structure
- Access Control
  - Certificate Management
  - LDAP User Management
  - Local User Management

* OpenBMC GUI Navigation Update
@ 2019-05-23  2:57           ` Derick
From: Derick @ 2019-05-23  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

We discussed an update to the primary navigation and are planning to
make that change with the release of 3 upcoming features, LDAP,
Certificate Upload and Generate Certificate. There is a review pending
for Certificate Upload and LDAP and Generate Certificate stories are
being worked on currently. Once these features are completed, we plan
to make the following changes:

Current Navigation Structure
- Users
  - Manage User Account