* H323
@ 2003-07-19  7:08 gold gold
From: gold gold @ 2003-07-19  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello everybody,

     I've already asked this question before, but here it is again:

How do I enable my masqueraded Windows machine to use MSN's audio/video
conversation? I've been told to load the "H323" module and do some
"patch-o-matic stuff" (??), but I don't really know alot about these
stuff... could someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on
how to do that? I would really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

* Re: H323
@ 2003-07-20  9:13 ` Emanoil Kotsev
From: Emanoil Kotsev @ 2003-07-20  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gold gold, netfilter

In general it is not so hard to apply and activate the H.323 patch.
you have to
1) download iptables, download POM(patch-o-matic) for the proper version of
iptables i think
2) have the kernel source of course
3) untar&unzip everything (I have done this in /usr/src)
than
4) I do a backup of my compiled kernel directory and than start making all the
rest to avoid recompiling everything
5) apply the patches (there is info how to do this in POM itself and you don't
need to apply patches that you won't use and know - try first only the H.323
patch)
6) reconfigure your kernel and enable H.323 (networking options => ip
netfilter configuration)
7) (re)make your new kernel
8) change into iptables dir and make "make KERNEL_DIR= ... " path to your
kernel
make install
9) enable your kernel (ex. make install, make modules_install - change lilo,
grub, boot, make initrd or anything you use)
IMPORTANT TIP
10) Be sure to have a rescue floppy or entry in the bootloader for the old
kernel to be able to boot your old configuration in case of failure
- --------------
If it's just you staying behind a firewall and useing  netmeeting and you have
rights to manage the firewall, you can forward the ports (1720 and few
others) to your windows machine (google tells you how)

best regards and good luck

On Saturday 19 July 2003 09:08, gold gold wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

>      I've already asked this question before, but here it is again:
>

> How do I enable my masqueraded Windows machine to use MSN's audio/video
> conversation? I've been told to load the "H323" module and do some
> "patch-o-matic stuff" (??), but I don't really know alot about these
> stuff... could someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on
> how to do that? I would really appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

- --
//----------------------
|| Emanoil Kotsev
|| tel. 0043 1 9253175
\\--- penguin friendly--

* h323
@ 2006-07-21 13:00 Michael Fernández M.
From: Michael Fernández M. @ 2006-07-21 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi....

Someone have h323 modules (netfilter) working on Debian Sarge (Kernel
2.4.27)... i need these modules but i`m not sure about how to patch the
kernel...

There is a good document that explain the process?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Michael.-

* H323
@ 2004-04-05 15:10 Jeffrey J. Karrels
From: Jeffrey J. Karrels @ 2004-04-05 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello,

I am trying to get Netmeeting/Remote Desktop Sharing to work.  I have
2.4.20-30.9 kernel and am running iptables-1.2.9.  I have patched the kernel
with the only the H323 patch.  I opened up the 1720 and 1503 ports.  I get
the following message in my syslog when I try to open up an connection from
the outside going in:

H.323_NAT: partial packet 0/6 in 0/0

I have seen this in the mailing list a couple of times, I was wondering if
anyone knew anything about it? Any suggestions?  Am I missing something?

Thank you
-Jeff

* RE: h323
@ 2003-08-17 21:51 George Vieira
From: George Vieira @ 2003-08-17 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

        insmod ip_nat_h323
        insmod ip_conntrack_h323

        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 389    -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 522    -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 1503   -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 1720   -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 1731   -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 8080   -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323
        $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXTDEV -p tcp --dport 1469   -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1         # H323aud

George Vieira
Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd Systems Manager georgev AT citadelcomputer DOT com DOT au
Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd
From: Scott van Looy @ 2003-08-15 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: netfilter

You'll need to be happy building your own custom redhat kernel -

install from source patch-o-matic, adding the h323 patch
recompile kernel, then boot into kernel
install from source iptables

then make sure your modules are loaded
/sbin/modprobe -k ip_nat_h323
/sbin/modprobe -k ip_conntrack_h323

open ports 1503 and 1720 (389 and 522 if you want to use ils)

and it should just work!

Today Sundaram Ramasamy did spake thusly:

--
Scott van Looy - email:me@ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
PGP Fingerprint: 7180 5543 C6C4 747B 7E74  802C 7CF9 E526 44D9 D4A7

"Irrigation of the land with sewater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
It's called 'rain'."
-- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

* Re: h323
@ 2003-08-15 13:34     ` Sundaram Ramasamy
From: Sundaram Ramasamy @ 2003-08-15 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Vieira, dalive, netfilter; +Cc: Morrison, Trevor (Trevor)

@ 2003-08-12 10:48   ` George Vieira
From: George Vieira @ 2003-08-12 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dalive, netfilter; +Cc: Morrison, Trevor (Trevor)

@ 2003-08-11 20:46 ` DALive Editor
From: DALive Editor @ 2003-08-11 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter; +Cc: Morrison, Trevor (Trevor)

Hello to this mailinglist,

I'd also really like an awnser to the question bellow about H323, you
have no idea how long I've toiled unsuccessfully. What is this about a
patch? And I've read a little about the gatekeeper, could someone cluse
me in further?

Thanks alot - I'd given up hope

Morrison, Trevor (Trevor) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a RH 9.0 box running iptables-1.2.8 and a 2.4.20 kernel with
> the h323 patch applied and recompiled.  My network looks like this:
>
>                                     dhcp from ISP
> Win 2000 box <--------------------------->RH 9.0
> Box<---------------------->Internet
> 192.168.1.0/24                          NAT       12.207.X.X/32
>

> I have searched the archives back to September of last year trying to
> find what rules I need to apply to my iptables to allow h323 traffic
> through my NAT'd box.  I am now more confused then before because the
> threads mentioned something about a gatekeeper that I need to run on a
> NAT box?
>
> What I am looking for is what are the rules that I need to put into my
> filter file and what other programs or procedures do I need to add to
> that I have the full features and functionality of Microsoft's Net
> Meeting from my Win 2k box.
>
> Thanks in Advance and sorry for bring this subject up again but I
> could not find the information in the previous threads.
>
> Trevor Morrison

* h323
@ 2003-08-11 17:50 Morrison, Trevor (Trevor)
From: Morrison, Trevor (Trevor) @ 2003-08-11 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

@ 2003-03-02 12:40       ` Rasmus Bøg Hansen
From: Rasmus Bøg Hansen @ 2003-03-02 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen; +Cc: netfilter

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen wrote:

> Does anybody know I can use one of these gatekeepers / proxys as a
> transparent proxy for the msn messenger ip telephone client?

MSN telephoy does not use H.323 and therefore is not supported by
iptables.

IIRC MSN messenger can be configured to use a socks proxy like dante
(http://www.inet.no/dante/).

/Rasmus

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
A wizard is never late, nor is he too early.

* Re: H323
@ 2003-03-02 10:41     ` Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen
From: Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen @ 2003-03-02 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wood, netfilter

Hi

Does anybody know I can use one of these gatekeepers / proxys as a
transparent proxy for the msn messenger ip telephone client?

Thanks

/Rasmus

At 09:58 25-02-2003 -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
>I think netfilter can do the job.  You'll need a gatekeeper to do this:
>
>Here's a few:
>OpenGK gatekeeper translates between user aliases and IP addresses. Makes
>your life easier.
>OpenH232Proxy is a gatekeeper with built in proxy feature. It enables the
>routing through the gatekeeper of the RTP traffic (audio and video) and the
>T.120 traffic (data) so no traffic is directly exchanged between endpoints.
>(This one is not in the distro yet.)
>OpenMCU H.323 conferencing server lets you hold virtual conferences. simply
>connect to openmcu server instead of connecting to another gnomemeeting
>client, and you are ready to go. If installed on a firewall (and visible
>from both sides), openmcu can serve as a proxy.
>

>I've got OpenH232Proxy sort of working for my cams.
>http://openh323proxy.sourceforge.net/
>
>-eric wood

* Re: H323
@ 2003-02-25 14:58   ` Eric Wood

> I am running Redhat 7.3 with Linux kernel 2.4.20 with H323 applied
(compiled
> in the kernel). However, I am still not able to get netmeeting working
over
> the NAT server. Is there any detailed documentation that I could refer to?
> Also, is there any way I could get MSN voice chat and file transfers to
work
> over NAT firewall? I am running iptables-1.2.6a-2 on my NAT firewall. I
have
> a rule in my firewall script that is SNAT-ting all the internal traffic to
> the IP address of the ethernet card connected to the Internet.
>
> Please assist.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Dhyanesh Ramaiya
> dhyanesh@intafrica.com

* H323
@ 2003-02-25 14:37 ` Dhyanesh Ramaiya
From: Dhyanesh Ramaiya @ 2003-02-25 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

@ 2003-02-14  9:17 ` Rasmus Bøg Hansen
From: Rasmus Bøg Hansen @ 2003-02-14  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esteban Ribicic; +Cc: netfilter

On 13 Feb 2003, Esteban Ribicic wrote:

> ive got a network masqueraded by iptables to internet.
> my clients (the one who are masqueraded) ask me for neetmeting and h323
> stuff that does not work....does the h323 module for iptables permit
> such transmissions?

H.323 (including netmeeting) will work fine with the H323 modules.

You cannot, however, use call servers (I don't remember, what they're
called) along with NAT.

/Rasmus

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
"Microsoft spel chekar worgs grate!"

@ 2003-02-13 15:09 Esteban Ribicic
From: Esteban Ribicic @ 2003-02-13 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

hi,

ive got a network masqueraded by iptables to internet.
my clients (the one who are masqueraded) ask me for neetmeting and h323
stuff that does not work....does the h323 module for iptables permit
such transmissions?

or should i try to set a h323gatekeeper on the firewall?
thanks

esteban

* H323
@ 2002-11-21 18:19 Tim
From: Tim @ 2002-11-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi, just wondering if anyone has the same problem.

Fresh copy of 2.4.19 and iptables 1.2.7a with patch-o-matic and used the z-newnat and h323 that comes with it.. fixed the newnat patch which couldn't load. add 2 lines to a ip_conntrack.h file and it worked fine. We send audio fine but can't receive it.. possibly the same problem with video too...

Tim

* Re: h323
@ 2002-09-23 10:27     ` Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 2002-09-23 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toshihiro Sonoda; +Cc: netfilter

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Toshihiro Sonoda wrote:

> does the new nat patch have h.225ras, or ldap for NAT problems.

The h323 patch does not support RAS.

> before, when i applied the h.323 patch, the patchs
> have a part of h.323, but not h.225.
> Is that ok?

Yes, that's OK.

> Can you use ILS server, or Gatekeeper?

The h323 patch does not support gatekeepers.

Regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlec@sunserv.kfki.hu
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary

* Re: h323
@ 2002-09-23  1:45   ` Toshihiro Sonoda
From: Toshihiro Sonoda @ 2002-09-23  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi, Diego.

I have questions.
does the new nat patch have h.225ras, or ldap for NAT problems.
before, when i applied the h.323 patch, the patchs
have a part of h.323, but not h.225.
Is that ok?

Can you use ILS server, or Gatekeeper?

> Hi,
> sorry about my english.
> I use kernel 2.4.17 with the newnat patch and h323 work great !
> Regards,
>
> Diego

* Re: h323
@ 2002-09-22 18:13 ` Diego R. Rodriguez Herlein

> I am on a LAN which access to the Internet with a NAT on a gateway Linux
> server configured with iptables.
> How I can use on a client inside the LAN a program which uses h323
> protocol, for example Microsoft Netmeeting? I wish to correctly use
> text, audio and video features of Netmeeting, and I wish to call and to
> be called.
>
> How I can configure the firewall on the gateway server?
> I rememeber that for ipchains there was an h323 module. There is
> anything for iptables too?
>
> Thank you very much
> Bye
> Mattia Martinello
> m.martinello@iol.it

* Re: h323
@ 2002-09-22 17:35 ` Toshihiro Sonoda
From: Toshihiro Sonoda @ 2002-09-22 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Iptables has h323 modules, too.
You have to apply kernel-patch of patch-o-matic.
 But, I think h323 modules is not perfect...

> Hi
>
> I am on a LAN which access to the Internet with a NAT on a gateway Linux
> server configured with iptables.
> How I can use on a client inside the LAN a program which uses h323
> protocol, for example Microsoft Netmeeting? I wish to correctly use
> text, audio and video features of Netmeeting, and I wish to call and to
> be called.
>
> How I can configure the firewall on the gateway server?
> I rememeber that for ipchains there was an h323 module. There is
> anything for iptables too?
>
> Thank you very much
> Bye
> Mattia Martinello