* [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6
@ 2014-04-04 17:57 Daiane.Angolini
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-04 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

We’d like to invite everyone to help us to test the FSL Community BSP 1.6 - Daisy release.

Please, test your favorite board (or boards), using your favorite image.

We would like to have at least one test for each of 29 maintained boards (supported by both meta-fsl-arm or meta-fsl-arm-extra), all orphan boards can still be tested. The result of the tests will be included in the Release Notes

We’ve made a form which guides you through a small set of steps and help us to track which boards has been tested. Please, make sure you know the packages needed for some tests listed at top of form.

If you have any other question you want to be include in the test form, please, let us know.

The ‘1.6’ is being developed in the ‘daisy’ branch, so use this branch for the tests (please do not send reports for ‘master’ branch, any error/bug on master should be reported on mailing list).

We’ll be receiving and reviewing the test results until April 31th 2014. However please start the tests as soon as you can, so we can have the most solid release as possible. The release will be done together with the Yocto release (planned for April 26th 2014) and any issues found (if applicable) will need to be fixed for the 1.6 point releases (1.6.1, 1.6.2, …).

The goal test plan for this release is:

MUST HAVE:
* all 29 boards MUST reach the user space prompt
* all i.MX6 boards MUST have running accelerated
    * x11
    * framebuffer
    * wayland
    * directfb
* all i.MX6 boards MUST have GPU and VPU support for both SFP and HFP
* all 29 boards MUST play at least one movie
* all 29 boards MUST encode at least one kind of movie
* all 29 boards MUST have minimal kernel defconfig enabled by default (USB/SDcard/aplay)

We need your help to accomplish our test goals and we don’t have enough manpower resources to do it all by ourselves. We count on the community to help on this.

Please, report any bug/error to mailing list, we will discuss case-by-case and create needed bug report.

After the test cycle, we will include the summary of the test result on the release notes so we can start to build credibility by showing our test results for all the boards, giving to users and partners a central place for checking for expected behaviour, and known issues, for a specific board.

Please, find the Test Form for 1.6 - Daisy at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dl6gLKW-X6o3NgEhxKQTS9UJ8cUJr37Tqgm42ge9hTQ/viewform

Regards,
Daiane

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6
@ 2014-04-04 18:06 ` John Weber
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John Weber @ 2014-04-04 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Daiane -

Thanks for this.

On 4/4/14, 12:57 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote:
> We’d like to invite everyone to help us to test the FSL Community BSP 1.6 - Daisy release.
>
> Please, test your favorite board (or boards), using your favorite image.
>
> We would like to have at least one test for each of 29 maintained boards (supported by both meta-fsl-arm or meta-fsl-arm-extra), all orphan boards can still be tested. The result of the tests will be included in the Release Notes
>
> We’ve made a form which guides you through a small set of steps and help us to track which boards has been tested. Please, make sure you know the packages needed for some tests listed at top of form.
>
> If you have any other question you want to be include in the test form, please, let us know.
>
> The ‘1.6’ is being developed in the ‘daisy’ branch, so use this branch for the tests (please do not send reports for ‘master’ branch, any error/bug on master should be reported on mailing list).
>
> We’ll be receiving and reviewing the test results until April 31th 2014. However please start the tests as soon as you can, so we can have the most solid release as possible. The release will be done together with the Yocto release (planned for April 26th 2014) and any issues found (if applicable) will need to be fixed for the 1.6 point releases (1.6.1, 1.6.2, …).
>
> The goal test plan for this release is:
>
> MUST HAVE:
> * all 29 boards MUST reach the user space prompt
> * all i.MX6 boards MUST have running accelerated
>      * x11
>      * framebuffer
>      * wayland
>      * directfb
> * all i.MX6 boards MUST have GPU and VPU support for both SFP and HFP
Why SFP when we've been HFP by default since Dora?

@ 2014-04-04 18:16   ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-04 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> We’d like to invite everyone to help us to test the FSL Community BSP 1.6 - Daisy release.
>>

>> * all i.MX6 boards MUST have GPU and VPU support for both SFP and HFP
>Why SFP when we've been HFP by default since Dora?

We are HFP by default but we do support both SFP and HFP. So I think it's important to have both tested.
What do you think?

@ 2014-04-04 18:23     ` John Weber
From: John Weber @ 2014-04-04 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini, meta-freescale

On 4/4/14, 1:16 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote:
> [...]
Maybe at this time, but I'm hoping that we will eventually (in a short while) be
at just HFP.  Not sure of the importance of SFP at this point, but I'm certainly
willing to be educated.

@ 2014-04-04 18:54     ` Eric Nelson
From: Eric Nelson @ 2014-04-04 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini, John Weber, meta-freescale

Hi Daiane,

On 04/04/2014 11:16 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote:

> [...]

It takes a little extra time to go through each, but it's
probably worth the effort, as lots of folks are still
using SFP (and I don't anticipate issues).

Regards,

Eric

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6
@ 2014-04-04 22:53 ` Alexandre Belloni
From: Alexandre Belloni @ 2014-04-04 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Daiane,

On 04/04/2014 at 17:57:26 +0000, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote :
> The goal test plan for this release is:
>
> MUST HAVE:
> * all 29 boards MUST reach the user space prompt
> * all i.MX6 boards MUST have running accelerated
>     * x11
>     * framebuffer
>     * wayland
>     * directfb
> * all i.MX6 boards MUST have GPU and VPU support for both SFP and HFP
> * all 29 boards MUST play at least one movie

I'm not sure it is worth playing movie on the few boards that don't have
a screen ;)

> * all 29 boards MUST encode at least one kind of movie

Same here, I don't have any board able to capture video...
I don't have any audio out either.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6
@ 2014-04-07 14:19   ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-07 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Belloni; +Cc: meta-freescale

Humm, It´s something that I´m always /not absolutely sure/.

But, why would a board with a multimemdia chip not play a movie of have a "screen"

In our current board list, only vybrid is not supposed to be "multimedia chip"

And, wandboard, for example, does not have an screen until you plug HDMI.

And don´t forget imx28/imx233, the chip does not have VPU, but I always work to get playback working on it.

So, I´m think say /all boards must play at least one movie/ is not that wrong. But of course I can add "when applicable"

> > * all 29 boards MUST encode at least one kind of movie
>
> Same here, I don't have any board able to capture video...
> I don't have any audio out either.

Here I agree that this should be SHOULD not MUST. Or add a "when applicable".

In your opinion, what would be a better Test Goals? Would you mind to re-write mine and to share it?

Daiane

> > * all 29 boards MUST have minimal kernel defconfig enabled by default
> > (USB/SDcard/aplay)
>
> --
> Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
> Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6 | imx53qsb + qt5.2
@ 2014-04-15 14:34 ` Gianluca Cinci
From: Gianluca Cinci @ 2014-04-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi all, hi Diane
i tried the snapshot 20140407 (daisy) on imx53qsb.

The filesystem (ubi) boot ok , ( i must to try kernel and uboot)

My question is about qt 5.2
I compiled with this local.conf:

BB_NUMBER_THREADS ?= "${@oe.utils.cpu_count()}"
PARALLEL_MAKE ?= "-j ${@oe.utils.cpu_count()}"
MACHINE ??= 'imx53qsb'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_ipk"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks ssh-server-openssh"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-qemu-native = "sdl"
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ubi"
MKUBIFS_ARGS = "-m 2048 -e 129024 -c 1600"
UBINIZE_ARGS = "-m 2048  -p 128KiB -s 512"
UBI_VOLNAME = "rootfs"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "binutils strace tslib-conf tslib-tests
tslib-calibrate openssh-sftp-server alsa-lib alsa-state
alsa-utils-alsaconf tslib fontconfig freetype opkg opkg-config-base
qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase qtbase-tools qtbase-plugins
cinematicexperience qtserialport gstreamer gst-fsl-plugin
gst-plugins-good icu wpa-supplicant wireless-tools gdb gdbserver "

Now , after the boot process is ok , i try to run the
cinematicexperience as:

./QT5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs

but i receive the same error of the all previous Qt5 compilation:
-------------------
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003
Aborted
--------------------

Can someone explain how this error can definitively avoid.

I know and i read some of mails and or sites posts about eglfshook patch
etc .. , but what is the mainline work about this ?
In other word , is there a replicable workaround/patch for daisy release?

Thank all for your work
Gianluca Cinci | Giuneco s.r.l.

P.S. @ Travor Woerner (imx53 mainter) :
if you want  i can send some feedback about yocto + imx53qsb

@ 2014-04-16 16:53     ` Xh Xiao
From: Xh Xiao @ 2014-04-16 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

To test the next release(Daisy), should I use:

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora

or
repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b master

to build the images?

Also are we using gstreamer1.* or still 0.10.* for Daisy?

Thanks,

xxiao

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com <

@ 2014-04-16 17:04       ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2014-04-16 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xh Xiao; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Xh Xiao <xxiao8@fosiao.com> wrote:
> To test the next release(Daisy), should I use:
>
> repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora
>
> or
> repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b
> master
>
> to build the images?

In fact, if you try -b daisy it should work.

But it only points to master :D

> Also are we using gstreamer1.* or still 0.10.* for Daisy?

0.10 is the default today.

But in case you want to test 1.0, please add a note in the form

Thanks!
Daiane

@ 2014-04-16 17:57   ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2014-04-16 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gianluca Cinci; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Gianluca Cinci
<gianluca.cinci@giuneco.it> wrote:
> Hi all, hi Diane
> i tried the snapshot 20140407 (daisy) on imx53qsb.

Thanks!

Have you reported your test using the Form?

> The filesystem (ubi) boot ok , ( i must to try kernel and uboot)
>
> My question is about qt 5.2
> I compiled with this local.conf:

Have you replied to a digest email? I´m kind of confused on the message context.

@ 2014-04-17 14:44     ` Alexandre Belloni
From: Alexandre Belloni @ 2014-04-17 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 07/04/2014 at 14:19:00 +0000, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com wrote :

> [...]

Yeah, I would add when applicable and I would add a "not applicable"
choice in the Multimedia sections. The cfa10036 and cfa10037 don"t have
any video output of any kind LCD, VGA, HDMI...

> > > * all 29 boards MUST encode at least one kind of movie
> >
> > Same here, I don't have any board able to capture video...
> > I don't have any audio out either.
>
> Here I agree that this should be SHOULD not MUST. Or add a "when applicable".
>
> In your opinion, what would be a better Test Goals? Would you mind to re-write mine and to share it?

I think the tests goals are fine as these allow to test the integration
of all the software stack. It is just that some crystalfontz boards are
not designed for multimedia so I can't test audio and/or video.

--

@ 2014-04-19 15:49     ` Gianluca Cinci
From: Gianluca Cinci @ 2014-04-19 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Diane ,
thanks for the answer!
Next week i prepare a new mail with more information

On 16/04/2014 19:57, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Gianluca Cinci
> <gianluca.cinci@giuneco.it> wrote:
>> Hi all, hi Diane
>> i tried the snapshot 20140407 (daisy) on imx53qsb.
> Thanks!
>
> Have you reported your test using the Form?

At this moment my scenario is:
filesystem : yocto 1.6
kernel : yocto 1.4
u-boot : yocto 1.4

and this is why i don't use the Form

>> The filesystem (ubi) boot ok , ( i must to try kernel and uboot)
>>
>> My question is about qt 5.2
>> I compiled with this local.conf:
> Have you replied to a digest email? I´m kind of confused on the message context.

Many thanks
Gianluca

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6
@ 2014-04-22 22:40       ` Alexandre Belloni
From: Alexandre Belloni @ 2014-04-22 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi,

One last thing to add to the test plan would be ethernet connectivity as
a lot of the boards have that available.

I finished to filled for all the cfa boards today but I'll send a patch
to tweak the kernel configuration so that they behave a bit better
(mainly removing a lot of debug and better handling of the USB phy)

@ 2014-04-22 23:59         ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-22 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Belloni; +Cc: meta-freescale

I´ve been thinking about it, as well. Today I completed several tests and it looks like it does not make any sense to repeat aplay or evetest test over and over in the same kernel (2.6.35 for imx53qsb, i.e.)

But, in other hand, these silly tests make sure we have a good kernel integration.

Other feedback I received from Fabio:

- Does audio capture work?
- Does HDMI audio playback work?
- Does SPDIF audio playback work?
- Does USB host work?
- Does USB gadget work? (g_ether for example)
- Does suspend/resume work?
- Does SATA work?
- Does Wifi work?

To be added as test for 1.7

> I finished to filled for all the cfa boards today but I'll send a patch to
> tweak the kernel configuration so that they behave a bit better (mainly
> removing a lot of debug and better handling of the USB phy)

Sweet!
(I always realize something to be changed during the test cycle.)

So far we have 18 responses, for 11 MACHINEs ( 7 MACHINEs are from Alexandre)

Daiane

                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-04-28 19:17 ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-28 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini, meta-freescale

Due to 3.10.17-1.0.0_GA release and impacting several FSL Community BSP machines I think it makes sense to postpone the test due date to 9th May

It´s an opportunity to have the newest 3.10.17 kernel tested on iMX6, and more time for other machines, as well.

Daiane

@ 2014-04-28 19:41   ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-04-28 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:

> > We'd like to invite everyone to help us to test the FSL Community BSP 1.6 -
> > Daisy release.
> >

> > After the test cycle, we will include the summary of the test result on the
> > release notes so we can start to build credibility by showing our test
> > results for all the boards, giving to users and partners a central place
> > for checking for expected behaviour, and known issues, for a specific
> > board.
> >
> > Please, find the Test Form for 1.6 - Daisy at
> > https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dl6gLKW-
> > X6o3NgEhxKQTS9UJ8cUJr37Tqgm42ge9hTQ/viewform
>
> Due to 3.10.17-1.0.0_GA release and impacting several FSL Community BSP machines I think it makes sense to postpone the test due date to 9th May
>
> It´s an opportunity to have the newest 3.10.17 kernel tested on iMX6, and more time for other machines, as well.

Great! People please help on this test as this impact us for the next
6 months :-)

* Re: [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6 | imx53qsb + qt5.2
@ 2014-04-29  8:23       ` Gianluca Cinci
From: Gianluca Cinci @ 2014-04-29  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hi Diane,
hi all.

I go forward into the daisy test and with the image fsl-image-multimedia
, the qt5 framework run on the imx53qsb.
1)
why if i insert the qtbase (and other packages like qtbase-plugins) into
the my local.conf and i "cook" a core-image-base image the qt5
application exit with this error?

-------------------
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003
Aborted
--------------------

I notice that the /usr/ folder was quite different for the two images ;
what libraries or binaries are missing on core-image-base for run a qt5
application?

2) after i make a fsl-image-multimedia i try the CinematicExperience
(that has some video problem like screen micro freeze and rendering
problems) :

2a) when i kill the application this output come out:

del_all_devices_contexts: Destroyed context 0 on device id = 1
del_all_devices_contexts: Destroyed context 1 on device id = 1
del_all_devices_contexts: Destroyed context 1 on device id = 2
Not all allocated memory blocks were freed. Doing it now.
Freeing list entry #0, gpuaddr=100000
Freeing list entry #1, gpuaddr=105000
Freeing list entry #2, gpuaddr=10a000
Freeing list entry #3, gpuaddr=10f000
Freeing list entry #4, gpuaddr=114000
Freeing list entry #5, gpuaddr=76c4e000
Freeing list entry #6, gpuaddr=76800000
Freeing list entry #7, gpuaddr=76840000
Freeing list entry #8, gpuaddr=76880000
Freeing list entry #9, gpuaddr=76881000

Now , when i restart the application i receive this kernel panic and the
machine freeze:
--------------------
Unhandled fault: external abort on non-linefetch (0x1008) at 0xd0ac0edc
Internal error: : 1008 [#1] PREEMPT
last sysfs file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/online
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0    Not tainted  (2.6.35.3-11.09.01+yocto+ged51f22 #1)
PC is at kgsl_yamato_regread+0xc/0x24
LR is at kgsl_yamato_isr+0x18/0x80
pc : [<80376c2c>]    lr : [<80377450>]    psr: 60070193
sp : c81dff58  ip : ffffab5e  fp : 00000000
r10: 00000000  r9 : c81de000  r8 : 00000000
r7 : 0000000c  r6 : 00000000  r5 : 00000000  r4 : 806a0b28
r3 : d0ac0000  r2 : c81dff5c  r1 : 000003b7  r0 : 806a0b28
Flags: nZCv  IRQs off  FIQs on  Mode SVC_32  ISA ARM  Segment user
Control: 10c5387d  Table: ba6e4019  DAC: 00000015
Process QSGRenderThread (pid: 1700, stack limit = 0xc81de2e8)
Stack: (0xc81dff58 to 0xc81e0000)
ff40:                                                       806a0b28
cff48780
ff60: 806a0b28 80373b5c cf263f40 803792dc 803792d0 800e9e50 00000000
80641e3c
ff80: 0000000c cf263f40 00000001 800eb8b4 0000000c 00000000 00000001
80090068
ffa0: 20070010 ffffffff d0800000 80090bc8 32681000 01aae330 00003910
00000000
ffc0: 01aac450 4c298b80 002f0498 01aac450 00001850 002f8420 00000000
00000000
ffe0: 32682ec0 3216d934 4bef37e4 4bc6a0b0 20070010 ffffffff 8e38d48b
59ebdc88
[<80376c2c>] (kgsl_yamato_regread+0xc/0x24) from [<80377450>]
(kgsl_yamato_isr+)
[<80377450>] (kgsl_yamato_isr+0x18/0x80) from [<80373b5c>]
(kgsl_intr_isr+0x24/)
[<80373b5c>] (kgsl_intr_isr+0x24/0x28) from [<803792dc>]
(z430_irq_handler+0xc/)
[<803792dc>] (z430_irq_handler+0xc/0x18) from [<800e9e50>]
(handle_IRQ_event+0x)
[<800e9e50>] (handle_IRQ_event+0x24/0xdc) from [<800eb8b4>]
(handle_level_irq+0)
[<800eb8b4>] (handle_level_irq+0xd8/0x184) from [<80090068>]
(asm_do_IRQ+0x68/0)
[<80090068>] (asm_do_IRQ+0x68/0x88) from [<80090bc8>] (__irq_usr+0x48/0xc0)
Exception stack(0xc81dffb0 to 0xc81dfff8)
ffa0:                                     32681000 01aae330 00003910
00000000
ffc0: 01aac450 4c298b80 002f0498 01aac450 00001850 002f8420 00000000
00000000
ffe0: 32682ec0 3216d934 4bef37e4 4bc6a0b0 20070010 ffffffff
Code: e12fff1e e5903088 f57ff04f f57ff04f (e7933101)
---[ end trace 0efc6cf93f26278e ]---
Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
[<80095144>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0xe0) from [<804aacfc>]
(panic+0x68/0xdc)
[<804aacfc>] (panic+0x68/0xdc) from [<80094158>] (die+0x2a8/0x2f8)
[<80094158>] (die+0x2a8/0x2f8) from [<8009026c>] (do_DataAbort+0x84/0x98)
[<8009026c>] (do_DataAbort+0x84/0x98) from [<8009092c>]
(__dabt_svc+0x4c/0x60)
Exception stack(0xc81dff10 to 0xc81dff58)
ff00:                                     806a0b28 000003b7 c81dff5c
d0ac0000
ff20: 806a0b28 00000000 00000000 0000000c 00000000 c81de000 00000000
00000000
ff40: ffffab5e c81dff58 80377450 80376c2c 60070193 ffffffff
[<8009092c>] (__dabt_svc+0x4c/0x60) from [<80376c2c>]
(kgsl_yamato_regread+0xc/)
[...]

This messages remember me the dma zone allocate value ... is this
correct? (i'm going to recompile the kernel and try it , i send report
when i finish the task)

3)
after the first qt5 demo application run test (CinematicExperience) i
decide to build  my example application:
i bitbake the "meta-toolchain-qt5.bb" recipe
I modified the qt creator start script and i add the new qt 5.2 kits.

When i try to compile , some includes are missing (eg KHR/khrplatform.h)
and , when i import the QtMultimedia 5.0 into a qml file ,
the ide say me that it can't find the module

Thank you very much

regards
Gianluca Cinci

@ 2014-04-29  8:44         ` Simone
From: Simone @ 2014-04-29  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gianluca Cinci', meta-freescale

Ciao Gianluca,
Exactly the same problems here.

Best Regards
Simone

@ 2014-04-29  9:06           ` Gianluca Cinci
From: Gianluca Cinci @ 2014-04-29  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simone, meta-freescale

Hi Simone ,
for the kernel panic i  recompile the kernel with the dma zone = 180 , i
have it at 112.

Now , when i start the application the second time i don't have any
kernel panic ,
but this message comes out:

GPU : AXI Read/Write Error or MMU page fault  (probably the value 180 is
too high???)

and the machine freeze....

regards
Gianluca

P.S.
in previous mail i omitted this application outputs messages:

EGLFS: Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
EGLFS: To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and
QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_H.
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Color formats don't match.  Falling back to copy forward swap.

@ 2014-04-29  9:34             ` Simone
From: Simone @ 2014-04-29  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gianluca Cinci', meta-freescale

Hello Gianluca,
There is a valid reason for the settings of DMA zone at 180?
It seems odd to me..

Regards
Simone

for the kernel panic i  recompile the kernel with the dma zone = 180 , i have it at 112.

Now , when i start the application the second time i don't have any kernel panic , but this message comes out:

GPU : AXI Read/Write Error or MMU page fault  (probably the value 180 is too high???)

and the machine freeze....

regards
Gianluca

P.S.
in previous mail i omitted this application outputs messages:

EGLFS: Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
EGLFS: To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_H.
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile Color formats don't match.  Falling back to copy forward swap.

@ 2014-04-29 10:02               ` Gianluca Cinci
From: Gianluca Cinci @ 2014-04-29 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simone, meta-freescale

On 29/04/2014 11:34, Simone wrote:
> Hello Gianluca,
> There is a valid reason for the settings of DMA zone at 180?
> It seems odd to me..
i found some imx53 issue/patches here :

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/pull/3/files

Gianluca

P.S.
i found also this document but at the moment don't know if it can be usefull

https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/93334-102-1-2448/iMX5%20Android%20GB%20Memory%20Usage%20and%20Optimization.pdf