* Kickstart file to customize rootfs mount opts not modifying fstab as expected
@ 2018-03-14 12:16 Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-03-14 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

Hello forum.

I want to customize my rootfs partition to be mounted with the
"data=journal" option enabled.

To do that I have modified my layer adding a custom mkefidisk.wks script
with this contents for the rootfs partition:

    part / --source rootfs --ondisk sda --fstype=ext4
--fsoptions="data=journal" --label platform --use-uuid --size 80000 --align
1024

According to yocto reference manual:

    https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html

The --fsoptions option specifies a free-form string of options to be used
when mounting the filesystem. This string will be copied into the
/etc/fstab file of the installed system and should be enclosed in quotes.
If not specified, the default string is "defaults".

I expected to find a /etc/fstab with "data=journal" on the mounted rootfs.
However, after mounting .ext4 image, this is the /etc/fstab content for the
rootfs partition:

    /dev/root            /                    auto       defaults
    1  1

As you can see, it doesn't contain any reference to "data=journal".

What is wrong with that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
  -- Ivan

* Re: Kickstart file to customize rootfs mount opts not modifying fstab as expected
@ 2018-03-15 12:22 ` Iván Castell
From: Iván Castell @ 2018-03-15 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project