* I wish to drop my recipe maintainer duties
@ 2020-12-14 19:07 Tanu Kaskinen
From: Tanu Kaskinen @ 2020-12-14 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hello,

I haven't lately had time to do OE work, or maybe the lack of time is
more rooted in lack of motivation since I don't objectively have a very
busy life, but in any case, I think it's time for me to step down as a
recipe maintainer. When in 2015 I transitioned from being paid for the
work to a volunteer, I had plans to use OE in hobby projects, but those
projects haven't materialized, so I don't really have any connection to
OE other than being a recipe maintainer. My experience of the community
has been very positive, it has always been nice to work with you, thank
you for that!

Should I post a maintainers.inc patch that changes all my recipes to to
unassigned, or should they or some of them be directly transferred to
someone else?

I will still post some patches for pulseaudio that convert the recipe
from autotools to meson. I've had them ready since the last feature
freeze, and I intended to submit them today, but I found out (as I read
the mailing list for the first time in three months) that the recipe
has had a major version update, so I'll have to redo some tests first.

--
Tanu