* I wish to drop my recipe maintainer duties
@ 2020-12-14 19:07 Tanu Kaskinen
From: Tanu Kaskinen @ 2020-12-14 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hello,

I haven't lately had time to do OE work, or maybe the lack of time is
more rooted in lack of motivation since I don't objectively have a very
busy life, but in any case, I think it's time for me to step down as a
recipe maintainer. When in 2015 I transitioned from being paid for the
work to a volunteer, I had plans to use OE in hobby projects, but those
projects haven't materialized, so I don't really have any connection to
OE other than being a recipe maintainer. My experience of the community
has been very positive, it has always been nice to work with you, thank
you for that!

Should I post a maintainers.inc patch that changes all my recipes to to
unassigned, or should they or some of them be directly transferred to
someone else?

I will still post some patches for pulseaudio that convert the recipe
from autotools to meson. I've had them ready since the last feature
freeze, and I intended to submit them today, but I found out (as I read
the mailing list for the first time in three months) that the recipe
has had a major version update, so I'll have to redo some tests first.

--
Tanu

* Re: [OE-core] I wish to drop my recipe maintainer duties
@ 2020-12-14 19:16 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2020-12-14 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanu Kaskinen; +Cc: openembedded-core

Unassigned is the way to go, yes. All recipe updates (or failed attempts to
do so) are nowadays posted here, so they can be picked up by anyone
interested.

Thanks for your work (of the highest quality), and totally understandable
that you don't want to spend time on something you do not use.

Alex

@ 2020-12-14 23:00   ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2020-12-14 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin, Tanu Kaskinen; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Mon, 2020-12-14 at 20:16 +0100, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> Unassigned is the way to go, yes. All recipe updates (or failed
> attempts to do so) are nowadays posted here, so they can be picked up
> by anyone interested.
>
> Thanks for your work (of the highest quality), and totally
> understandable that you don't want to spend time on something you do
> not use.

Seconded, your maintainer work has been of high quality and much
appreciated, thanks!

Patches for things are most welcome as ever as your audio knowledge is
much better than mine and many others.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: [OE-core] I wish to drop my recipe maintainer duties
@ 2020-12-16 12:11 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2020-12-16 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanu Kaskinen; +Cc: openembedded-core

Thanks for all the work over the years, it's been much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ross