* [meta-raspberrypi] raspberrypi3 model B+ not booting
@ 2018-03-28  9:41 Måns Zigher
From: Måns Zigher @ 2018-03-28  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

I am using the meta-raspberrypi layer in my build currently on the rocko
branch. When powering on the rpi3 Model B+ the power led turns red then
when the green led is turned on the red is turned off and nothing is
booting the green continues to flash sporadically. My build works fine on
rpi 3 but not on Model B+. When running raspbian on Model 3 it works fine
so it is not a power supply issue nor an sdcard issue. Right now I cannot
use the master branch of meta-raspberrypi because of some patch issues but
is the rocko branch not supporting rpi 3 on model B+?

BR
Mans Zigher

* Re: [meta-raspberrypi] raspberrypi3 model B+ not booting
@ 2018-03-28 12:38 ` Sherif Omran
From: Sherif Omran @ 2018-03-28 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Måns Zigher; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

Please use Morty, it works fine.

@ 2018-03-28 12:41   ` Måns Zigher
From: Måns Zigher @ 2018-03-28 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sherif Omran; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

Thanks I will do that. But I have other layers that depend on the rocko of
meta-raspberrypi so I believe I will have to use the rocko at some point
but for testing I will try Morty. What is the reason for using Morty do you
know? Is rocko unstable?

BR
Mans Zigher

@ 2018-03-28 13:40     ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2018-03-28 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Måns Zigher; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Måns Zigher <mans.zigher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks I will do that. But I have other layers that depend on the rocko of
> meta-raspberrypi so I believe I will have to use the rocko at some point but
> for testing I will try Morty. What is the reason for using Morty do you
> know? Is rocko unstable?

Yea, we need to get this fixed in rocko. My test device for
raspberrypi3 is a Model B v1.2, not a B+ so you may have to help us
out with testing here.

Could you try out core-image-base built from master with just the
required layers? If that works then a kernel/firmware backport is
likely what's needed.

> BR
> Mans Zigher

>> Please use Morty, it works fine.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Måns Zigher <mans.zigher@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using the meta-raspberrypi layer in my build currently on the rocko
>>> branch. When powering on the rpi3 Model B+ the power led turns red then when
>>> the green led is turned on the red is turned off and nothing is booting the
>>> green continues to flash sporadically. My build works fine on rpi 3 but not
>>> on Model B+. When running raspbian on Model 3 it works fine so it is not a
>>> power supply issue nor an sdcard issue. Right now I cannot use the master
>>> branch of meta-raspberrypi because of some patch issues but is the rocko
>>> branch not supporting rpi 3 on model B+?
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Mans Zigher
>>>
>>> --

Paul Barker
Togán Labs Ltd

* Re: [meta-raspberrypi] raspberrypi3 model B+ not booting
@ 2018-03-28 13:57       ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2018-03-28 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

Hi guys,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Paul Barker <pbarker@toganlabs.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Måns Zigher <mans.zigher@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks I will do that. But I have other layers that depend on the rocko
> of
> > meta-raspberrypi so I believe I will have to use the rocko at some point
> but
> > for testing I will try Morty. What is the reason for using Morty do you
> > know? Is rocko unstable?
> >

> Yea, we need to get this fixed in rocko. My test device for
> raspberrypi3 is a Model B v1.2, not a B+ so you may have to help us
> out with testing here.
>
> Could you try out core-image-base built from master with just the
> required layers? If that works then a kernel/firmware backport is
> likely what's needed.

Today I will have 3b+ support PR to master. Afterwards we can start
backporting things as needed. I'm currently only interested in rocko but if
other people are willing to do it, we can PR stuff in older versions too.

--
Andrei Gherzan

* Re: [meta-raspberrypi] raspberrypi3 model B+ not booting
@ 2018-03-28 13:58   ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2018-03-28 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sherif Omran; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Sherif Omran <sherifomran2000@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please use Morty, it works fine.

I don't think that is true though. It needs newer firmware. Not even master
has it.

* Re: [meta-raspberrypi] raspberrypi3 model B+ not booting
@ 2018-03-28 14:06       ` Måns Zigher
From: Måns Zigher @ 2018-03-28 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker; +Cc: Yocto discussion list