* [Qemu-devel] proposal: drop linux-user unicore32 support from QEMU
@ 2016-05-12 14:34 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-05-12 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers; +Cc: Guan Xuetao, Riku Voipio

QEMU has something that claims to be linux-user support for
the unicore32 guest CPU. However the syscall numbers in
linux-user/unicore32 are nothing like those actually implemented
in the upstream kernel (which uses asm-generic syscall numbers).

We should either fix our unicore32 support to use the real
syscall numbers, or just drop it; since nobody has touched
linux-user/unicore32 since 2012, and there have been no
commits to target-unicore32 that aren't generic "clean up
all targets" type patches since 2012 or 2013, and nobody
has ever complained that the syscall numbers are all broken,
my initial inclination is to say we should just drop this.

Opinions?

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] proposal: drop linux-user unicore32 support from QEMU
@ 2016-09-22 15:09 MPRC
From: MPRC @ 2016-09-22 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peter.maydell; +Cc: Guan Xuetao, riku.voipio, qemu-devel

Hi, I'm fixing the syscall problem for linux-user/unicore32 in qemu.

I write a "hello world" program to test linux-user/unicore32 in qemu 2.7 with toolchain of uc4-1.0.5(you can download it through http://mprc.pku.edu.cn/~guanxuetao/linux/uc4-1.0.5-hard.tgz). And it's just OK.
It goes well in the old version qemu that we using, also.

Can you discribe the bug more detailed? Or how do you find that the unicore32 don't use the real syscall numbers?
How should test this? By Linux Test Project? It's not necessary to do all test in LTP.