* btrfs restore corrupt file
@ 2017-11-22 19:18 Jorge Bastos
From: Jorge Bastos @ 2017-11-22 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello,

While doing btrfs checksum testing I purposely corrupted a file and
got the expect I/O error when trying to copy it, I also tested btrfs
restore to see if I could recover a known corrupt file and it did copy
it but there was no checksum error or warning. I used btrfs restore -v

Is this expect behavior or should restore warn about checksum failures?

Kernel used was 4.13.13,  btrfs-progs v4.13.2

Thanks,
Jorge

* btrfs restore corrupt file
@ 2017-11-22 18:46 Jorge Bastos
From: Jorge Bastos @ 2017-11-22 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello,

While doing btrfs checksum testing I purposely corrupted a file and
got the expect I/O error when trying to copy it, I also tested btrfs
restore to see if I could recover a known corrupt file and it did copy
it and there was no checksum error or warning, is this expect behavior