* Can I force a particular recipe to rebuild every time?
@ 2016-02-15 12:38 Prasant J
From: Prasant J @ 2016-02-15 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Poky Project

Hi,

I'm writing my own layer for the Intel Atom Board.

- Is there a way to force a recipe to be rebuild every time
core-image-minimal-initramfs is built?

- Is there a ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS equivalent for
core-image-minimal-initramfs image?

Regards, Pj

* Re: Can I force a particular recipe to rebuild every time?
@ 2016-02-15 16:41 ` Roman Shaposhnikov
From: Roman Shaposhnikov @ 2016-02-15 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prasant J; +Cc: Poky Project

Hi Prasant,

> Is there a way to force a recipe to be rebuild every time
core-image-minimal-initramfs is built?

There is no way to do this in recipe (except AUTOREV if you want to rebuild
it on SRC update), so the only way it's '-c clean' for package,  but you
will need to run it manually or add to build script.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm writing my own layer for the Intel Atom Board.
>

> - Is there a way to force a recipe to be rebuild every time
> core-image-minimal-initramfs is built?
>
> - Is there a ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS equivalent for
> core-image-minimal-initramfs image?
>

> Regards, Pj

Roman Shaposhnikov | Lead Software Engineer | GlobalLogic Inc.

Leaders in Software R&D Services

ARGENTINA | CHINA | INDIA | ISRAEL | UKRAINE | UK | USA

Mobile +380-97-977-7722

www.globallogic.com

Disclaimer: http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt

* Re: Can I force a particular recipe to rebuild every time?
@ 2016-02-15 23:59 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-02-15 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prasant J; +Cc: Poky Project

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 4:38 AM, Prasant J <pj0585@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm writing my own layer for the Intel Atom Board.
>

> - Is there a way to force a recipe to be rebuild every time
> core-image-minimal-initramfs is built?

you can use
do_<taskname>[nostamp] = "1"
in recipe. However, its a bad idea to have such code
in production builds, it may be ok during early development.