* Jewel 10.2.7 QE status
@ 2017-04-05 20:16 Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-04-05 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Development, Ceph

Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19055#note-13
The following suites were in scope of this point release validation:

rados (subset 35/50 227 jobceph-ansibles)
rbd
rgw
fs
krbd
kcephfs
knfs
rest
hadoop - EXCLUDED
samba - EXCLUDED
ceph-deploy
ceph-disk
upgrade/client-upgrade
upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
powercycle
ceph-ansible

(please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)

=====================
Outstanding issues

rados - two jobs failed, need Josh's approval
krbd - seems similar to previous release, need Ilya's approval

upgrade/client-upgrade
and
upgrade/hammer-x (jewel) - suspect
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19429, need Sage/Josh approve

Thx
YuriW

* Re: Jewel 10.2.7 QE status
@ 2017-04-05 21:55 ` Yuri Weinstein
From: Yuri Weinstein @ 2017-04-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Development, Ceph

There had been lengthy discussion in #ceph-devel regarding failed
upgrade tests, https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/pull/1055,
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19429

We need to decide what to do about this in context of this release.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
> Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19055#note-13
> The following suites were in scope of this point release validation:
>
> rados (subset 35/50 227 jobceph-ansibles)
> rbd
> rgw
> fs
> krbd
> kcephfs
> knfs
> rest
> hadoop - EXCLUDED
> samba - EXCLUDED
> ceph-deploy
> ceph-disk
> upgrade/client-upgrade
> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
> powercycle
> ceph-ansible
>
> (please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)
>
> =====================
> Outstanding issues
>
> rados - two jobs failed, need Josh's approval
> krbd - seems similar to previous release, need Ilya's approval
>
> upgrade/client-upgrade
> and
> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel) - suspect
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19429, need Sage/Josh approve
>
> Thx
> YuriW

* Re: Jewel 10.2.7 QE status
@ 2017-04-06  9:28 ` Ilya Dryomov
From: Ilya Dryomov @ 2017-04-06  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: Development, Ceph

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
> Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19055#note-13
> The following suites were in scope of this point release validation:
>
> rados (subset 35/50 227 jobceph-ansibles)
> rbd
> rgw
> fs
> krbd
> kcephfs
> knfs
> rest
> hadoop - EXCLUDED
> samba - EXCLUDED
> ceph-deploy
> ceph-disk
> upgrade/client-upgrade
> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
> powercycle
> ceph-ansible
>
> (please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)
>
> =====================
> Outstanding issues
>
> rados - two jobs failed, need Josh's approval
> krbd - seems similar to previous release, need Ilya's approval

The first two failed to compile ltp, both on 7.3 and 16.04:

smithi022.stderr:/tmp/ccHOwwst.o: In function `doio_fprintf':
smithi022.stderr:/home/ubuntu/cephtest/xfstests/ltp/doio.c:2410:
undefined reference to `va_start'
smithi022.stderr:/home/ubuntu/cephtest/xfstests/ltp/doio.c:2414:
undefined reference to `va_end'
smithi022.stderr:collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
smithi022.stderr:gmake[3]: *** [doio] Error 1
smithi022.stderr:gmake[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

The rerun on 14.04 succeeded -- need to look into that.

Approved.

Thanks,

                Ilya

* Re: Jewel 10.2.7 QE status
@ 2017-04-06 16:23   ` Ken Dreyer
From: Ken Dreyer @ 2017-04-06 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: Development, Ceph

Hi Josh and Sage, are you ok with releasing v10.2.7 from jewel
(a64d3e4b33e904aa6585464df8ffff6aafdec10c)?

test results passed at http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19055#note-13
(with known failures, as far as I can tell)

- Ken

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
> There had been lengthy discussion in #ceph-devel regarding failed
> upgrade tests, https://github.com/ceph/teuthology/pull/1055,
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19429
>
> We need to decide what to do about this in context of this release.
>
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19055#note-13
>> The following suites were in scope of this point release validation:
>>
>> rados (subset 35/50 227 jobceph-ansibles)
>> rbd
>> rgw
>> fs
>> krbd
>> kcephfs
>> knfs
>> rest
>> hadoop - EXCLUDED
>> samba - EXCLUDED
>> ceph-deploy
>> ceph-disk
>> upgrade/client-upgrade
>> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel)
>> upgrade/jewel-x/point-to-point-x
>> powercycle
>> ceph-ansible
>>
>> (please let me know if any suites are missing from this ^ list)
>>
>> =====================
>> Outstanding issues
>>
>> rados - two jobs failed, need Josh's approval
>> krbd - seems similar to previous release, need Ilya's approval
>>
>> upgrade/client-upgrade
>> and
>> upgrade/hammer-x (jewel) - suspect
>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19429, need Sage/Josh approve
>>
>> Thx
>> YuriW

* Re: Jewel 10.2.7 QE status
@ 2017-04-06 17:32     ` Josh Durgin
From: Josh Durgin @ 2017-04-06 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Dreyer, Yuri Weinstein; +Cc: Development, Ceph

On 04/06/2017 09:23 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Hi Josh and Sage, are you ok with releasing v10.2.7 from jewel
> (a64d3e4b33e904aa6585464df8ffff6aafdec10c)?

Yes, the two failures are a race condition and a bug in the tests.