* profiling tools on a T4240RDB board
@ 2016-08-24  9:01 Tanasa Bogdan
From: Tanasa Bogdan @ 2016-08-24  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'yocto@yoctoproject.org'

We are using the (freescale) linux yocto 1.6 on a T4240RDB board where we want to have "tools-profile" set in our local.conf file. When building the fsl-image-minimal we see that there are some packages that are graphics-related (like gtk+, pixbuf, etc..). The card does not have any graphics capabilities. Why does these packets install at all? Is it possible to have the profiling tools without any gtk dependencies? How the local.conf should look like?

PS: These dependencies are there even when we choose tools-sdk in order to have gcc in the final image.

Thanks,
Bogdan.

* Re: profiling tools on a T4240RDB board
@ 2016-08-24 14:18 ` Leonardo Sandoval
From: Leonardo Sandoval @ 2016-08-24 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanasa Bogdan, 'yocto@yoctoproject.org'

El 08/24/2016 a las 04:01 AM, Tanasa Bogdan escribió:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the (freescale) linux yocto 1.6 on a T4240RDB board where
> we want to have "tools-profile" set in our local.conf file. When
> building the fsl-image-minimal we see that there are some packages
> that are graphics-related (like gtk+, pixbuf, etc..). The card does
> not have any graphics capabilities. Why does these packets install at
> all? Is it possible to have the profiling tools without any gtk
> dependencies? How the local.conf should look like?

I believe the image you are using include those graphic-related pkgs so
that is why you are seeing them. You may redefine your image, at the end
fsl-image-minimal is just an example that you can modify. Also you may
have more answers  on a FSL (NXP?) channel/mailing-list

@ 2016-08-25  4:28   ` Zhenhua Luo
From: Zhenhua Luo @ 2016-08-25  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leonardo Sandoval, Tanasa Bogdan; +Cc: 'yocto@yoctoproject.org'

The fsl-image-minimal rootfs doesn't include those graphic packages by default, I think those packages are included by the dependency of new added packages.

You can run "bitbake -g fsl-image-minimal" to generate the dependence file and analysis how the unneeded packages are brought in.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua