* Re: [MPTCP] MPTCP Upstreaming wiki
@ 2018-04-23 20:11 Rao Shoaib
From: Rao Shoaib @ 2018-04-23 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On 04/20/2018 05:17 PM, Mat Martineau wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I've set up a wiki for our project:
>
> https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki
>
> To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried in
> our mailing list archives. This includes a summary of what the
> community has shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to
> relevant resources.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Mat Martineau
> Intel OTC
Hi Mat,

Why is the following a requirement for the initial implementation

"Move away from meta-sockets, treating each subflow more like a regular
TCP connection. The overall MPTCP connection is coordinated by an upper
layer socket that is distinct from tcp_sock."

This can be done later.

Shoaib

* Re: [MPTCP] MPTCP Upstreaming wiki
@ 2018-04-25 16:20 Rao Shoaib
From: Rao Shoaib @ 2018-04-25 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On 04/23/2018 02:53 PM, Mat Martineau wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Rao Shoaib wrote:
>

>> On 04/20/2018 05:17 PM, Mat Martineau wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello -
>>>
>>> I've set up a wiki for our project:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki
>>>
>>> To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried
>>> in our mailing list archives. This includes a summary of what the
>>> community has shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to
>>> relevant resources.
>>>
>> Hi Mat,
>>
>> Why is the following a requirement for the initial implementation
>>
>> "Move away from meta-sockets, treating each subflow more like a
>> regular TCP connection. The overall MPTCP connection is coordinated
>> by an upper layer socket that is distinct from tcp_sock."
>>
>> This can be done later.
>
> Hi Rao,
>
> The idea is to make the MPTCP changes less invasive to TCP by
> isolating the socket-level changes in separate MPTCP-specific socket
> code. I think "less invasive to TCP" is an important goal from the start.

Really, IMHO meta socket is not the cause of MPTCP being intrusive. We
can discuss this requirement later, perhaps an example will help.

Shoaib

@ 2018-04-24 21:51 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-04-24 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Matthieu Baerts wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Mat Martineau <mathew.j.martineau(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
>       Hello -
>
>       I've set up a wiki for our project:
>
>       https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki
>
>       To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried in our mailing list archives. This includes a
>       summary of what the community has shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to relevant resources.
>
> Hi Mat,
>
> Thank you for this!
>
> I just updated this page to refer to this new wiki: http://multipath-tcp.org/pmwiki.php/Developer/Upstreaming
>
> I can maintain the "Meeting" section if it is OK for you. And help trying to maintain the rest up to date.

Matthieu -

Yes, I appreciate your offer to help with the wiki content!

While I initially set up the meetings page with links to the mailing list
archive, that doesn't have to remain the format forever. Framapad's
real-time collaboration features are nice during the meeting. For posting
the minutes afterward, the mailing list archive does not seem to be
regularly indexed by the common search engines so the wiki might be a good
place to host the minutes.

--
Mat Martineau
Intel OTC

* Re: [MPTCP] MPTCP Upstreaming wiki
@ 2018-04-23 21:53 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-04-23 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

@ 2018-04-23  7:25 Matthieu Baerts
From: Matthieu Baerts @ 2018-04-23  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

Hi Mat,

Thank you for this!

I just updated this page to refer to this new wiki:
http://multipath-tcp.org/pmwiki.php/Developer/Upstreaming

I can maintain the "Meeting" section if it is OK for you. And help trying
to maintain the rest up to date.

Regards,
Matthieu

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 2:17 AM, Mat Martineau <
mathew.j.martineau(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I've set up a wiki for our project:
>
> https://github.com/multipath-tcp/mptcp_net-next/wiki
>
> To start with I've added some information that was otherwise buried in our
> mailing list archives. This includes a summary of what the community has
> shared so far, meeting information, and pointers to relevant resources.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Mat Martineau
> Intel OTC

[image: Tessares SA] <http://www.tessares.net> Matthieu Baerts | R&D
Engineer
matthieu.baerts(a)tessares.net
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
<https://www.google.com/maps?q=1+Avenue+Jean+Monnet,+1348+Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve,+Belgium>

--

DISCLAIMER.
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 4482 bytes --]

* [MPTCP] MPTCP Upstreaming wiki
@ 2018-04-21  0:17 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-04-21  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp