Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
To: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
Cc: cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
Subject: Re: [Cocci] Add code after local variable declarations ?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 07:14:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> I would like to add code after local variable declaration but there
> is nothing particular to match there for me. Roughly i want to do:
>
>     void FooFun(..., struct fooicareabout *identifier, ...)
>     {
>         // bunch of local variable
>
>         // I want to add code here after all local variables
>     }

@@
statement S,S1;
@@

foo(...) {
  ... when != S
+ added code
  S1
}

A declaration doesn't match S.

> The thing i match on is one of the function argument. So is that do-
> able ? If so any pointer on how to do this would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.  You can certainly make a
pattern for your parameters like you have shown in the example.  Do you
mean that you want to go find the argument value at the call site?

julia