connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Removing old service directories
@ 2021-10-04 19:50 Thomas Green
From: Thomas Green @ 2021-10-04 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

In connman I would like to be able to get a list of all wireless services that have been previously connected, whether or not they are currently in range, and be able to optionally remove or 'forget' that service.  I've tried to manually remove the the directory /var/lib/connman/wifi_xxxxxxxx but when I shutdown and restart my system, that service and related information has been restored.  How, at this point can I do this?

Tom

* Re: Removing old service directories
@ 2021-10-06 12:36 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2021-10-06 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Green; +Cc: connman

On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 07:50:11PM +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> In connman I would like to be able to get a list of all wireless services
> that have been previously connected, whether or not they are currently
> in range, and be able to optionally remove or 'forget' that service.
> I've tried to manually remove the the directory
> /var/lib/connman/wifi_xxxxxxxx but when I shutdown and restart my
> system, that service and related information has been restored.  How,
> at this point can I do this?

There were a couple of attempts to add a D-Bus interface to expose the
known services and allow them to be removed. I gave some feedback
on those patches but never got any new version. I didn't find the latest
attempt, but IIRC it was based on this one here:

https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/connman@lists.01.org/message/4RJBOEEVYDAWFDT4PJ64FJ3PSAQ2SBMM/

Daniel

* Re: Removing old service directories
@ 2021-10-13 22:47   ` Thomas Green
From: Thomas Green @ 2021-10-13 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Wagner; +Cc: connman

Thank you so much for this information.  Is there any plan to take this up again?  Is it something that would be better for me to take up, or for your group?  Currently the only work around I can think of is to shutdown connman, remove the files, then restart connman.  This is really not the option I was hoping for.

Tom

@ 2021-10-14  7:33     ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2021-10-14  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Green; +Cc: connman

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:47:42PM +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> Thank you so much for this information.  Is there any plan to take this up
> again?

The last attempt (Bosch?) was almost there. As I said there were a
couple of small issues left, but unfortunately, there was never a
followup and I forgot after a while.

I searched again for the last attempt, I only found these posts:

https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/connman@lists.01.org/message/4RJBOEEVYDAWFDT4PJ64FJ3PSAQ2SBMM/
https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/connman@lists.01.org/thread/PTMSQLBY6RKGYWUFWA7FDBRT5RZCWI7H/

> Is it something that would be better for me to take up, or for your
> group?

If you want to work on, please go ahead. It's not that difficult.

> Currently the only work around I can think of is to shutdown connman,
> remove the files, then restart connman.  This is really not the option
> I was hoping for.

Yes, that's a show stopper.

Daniel

* Re: Removing old service directories
@ 2021-10-14  7:36       ` Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
From: Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi @ 2021-10-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Wagner; +Cc: Thomas Green, connman

Hi

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 9:33 AM Daniel Wagner <wagi@monom.org> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:47:42PM +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> > Thank you so much for this information.  Is there any plan to take this up
> > again?
>
> The last attempt (Bosch?) was almost there. As I said there were a
> couple of small issues left, but unfortunately, there was never a
> followup and I forgot after a while.
>
> I searched again for the last attempt, I only found these posts:
>
> https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/connman@lists.01.org/message/4RJBOEEVYDAWFDT4PJ64FJ3PSAQ2SBMM/
> https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/connman@lists.01.org/thread/PTMSQLBY6RKGYWUFWA7FDBRT5RZCWI7H/
>
> > Is it something that would be better for me to take up, or for your
> > group?

I will work on them on weekend and check them

Michael

--
Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer

Amarula Solutions BV
Joop Geesinkweg 125, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, NL
T. +31 (0)85 111 9172
info@amarulasolutions.com
www.amarulasolutions.com