intel-gfx.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* Updated -next
@ 2012-01-20 10:10 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-01-20 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Not much in the first -next update under the new process, I'd like to
tests the qa process first. Highligths:
- first part of i9xx_crtc_mode_set refactor from Jesse
- quite a few ajax-is-paranoid patches
- HAS_LLC param from Eugeni
- kill i915_mem.c

For easier testing there's also an updated drm-intel-testing branch with
the latest -fixes merged in (i.e. the missed irq patches). Testing
feedback highly welcome.

Hi Yi,

Please put the -testing branch through the kernel qa process. Btw I've
noticed that the nightly tests are missing a few recent i-g-t tests,
please upgrade that.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* updated -next
@ 2012-02-07 22:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-02-07 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

I've just pushed out an updated -next tree. Highlights:
- MI_WTF patches from Eric
- ilk/dmar workaround recursion fix from Ben
- pwrite/read EFAULT fixes for gtt userspace pointers
- error_state rework and extension (still more to come here) and some
  debugfs refactoring to make that easier
- shut up the harmless dmesg splatter from the previous next on i855gm
- fence accounting improvements from Chris, fixes an sna vs. uxa perf
  regression on gen3
- some swizzling cleanups and fixes, notably to fix swapping on
  i915g/i945g
- various other smaller things

As usual, I've also updated drm-intel-testing to the latest -next with the
latest -fixes from Keith merged in for easier testing.

Go wild, test and please report any issues.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* updated -next
@ 2012-02-16 17:27 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-02-16 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Updated -next and -testing trees. I haven't merged in any of the patches
Jesse queued up because he hasn't yet pushed out his latest -fixes tree.
No cookies for Jesse today!

Highlights:
- interlaced support for i915. Again thanks a lot to all the ppl who help
  out with testing, patches and doc-crawling.
- aliasing ppgtt support for snb/ivb. Because ppgtt ptes are
  gpu-cacheable, this can also speed things up a bit.
- swizzling support for snb/ivb, again a slight perf improvements on some
  things.
- more error_state work - we're slowly reaching a level of paranoia
  suitable for dealing with gpus.
- outstanding_lazy_request fix and the autoreport patches from Chris: I'm
  pretty hopefully that these two squash a lot of the semaphores=1 issues
  we've seen on snb, please retest if you've had issues.
- the usual pile of minor patches, one noteworthy one is to use the lvds
  presence ping on pch_split chips. I expect a few new quirks due to this

Go forth and test!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-03-01 20:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-03-01 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

I've just pushed out update -next and -testing trees. Highlights:
- gmbus fixes, gmbus is now again enabled by default.
- random smaller fixes.

... so not too much this time around. For the 3.4 I think we should now
slowly wind down, of the big outstanding patch series I think only the
pwrite series might still get in. But it has blown up so often in 'final'
review already that I am sceptical.

In other news I'll be at osts next week and on vacation the following
week, so expect slow response times from me and an extended -next cycle.

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-03-23 10:03 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-03-23 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

I've pushed out an updated -next and -testing tree. Highlights:
- more decoupling of ppgtt and global gtt.
- shut up the compiler (Ben)
- a bunch of minor quirks and fixlets, accompanied with quite a few module
  options to ease debuggin (and adding new entries to these for these new
  quirks).

This -next tree is already targeting 3.5.

Happy testing!
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-04-05  9:45 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-05  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

I've pushed out a new -next and testing tree. Highlights:
- first batch of hsw enabling (Eugeni)
- first batch of vlv enabling (Jesse and others)
- a few cleanups spurred by the above items
- pwrite/pread rework and speedups
- less mappable pressure and reloc optimizations (Chris)
- mmap_offset exhaustion mitigation (Chris)
- more gmbus cleanups and fixes (Daniel Kurtz), now also enabled for gen2
- a start at figuring out what code of our gem+ums/kms/dri1 codebase is
  actually support by disallowing these ioctls

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-04-21 16:40 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-21 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Highlights:
- More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
  known issues fixed.
- Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
- rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
- Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
- Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
- More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
  merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning.
- More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
- intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
- Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
- And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-05-06 19:09 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-05-06 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi, Intel Graphics Development

Hi all,

New stuff to test in -next (we've the testing branch updated as usual).
Highlights:
- sparse fixes from Ben.
- tons of little cleanups from Chris all over: tiling_changed
  clarification, deferred_free list removal, ...
- fix up irq handler on gen2 & gen3 + related cleanups from Chris
- prep work for wait_rendering_timeout from Ben with some nice
  refactorings
- first set of infoframe fixes from Paulo for doubleclocked CEA modes
- improve pch pll handling from Jesse and Chris
- gpu hangman, this also contains the reset fix for gen4
- rps sanity check from Chris - this papers over issues when the gpu fails
  to clock up on snb/ivb, and it is shockingly easy to hit. The code
  prints a big WARN backtrace and restores the hw to a sane state. The
  real fix is still in the works.

Wrt regressions in -next we've just got a report that one of the gmbus
patchesseems to regress a macbook - besides some initial information
gathering I haven't looked to closely yet.

Happy testing!

Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-06-04 20:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-06-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

3.6 merging is already fully engaged, so here's a new -next to shred. I've
pushed updated -next and -testing branches, as usual. Highlights:
- new wait_rendring_timeout interface (Ben)
- l3 cache remapping and error uevent support (Ben)
- even more infoframes work from Paulo
- gen4 hotplug rework from Chris
- prep work to make Laurent Pincharts original mode constification for
  connector->mode_fixup possible

Happy testing!

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-06-21  8:25 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-06-21  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Slightly longer -next cycle than usual, somehow almost nothing was queued
up last week, so I waited a bit longer. But now there's still a sizeable
chunk of patches merged. Highlights:
- Remaining vlv patches from Jesse et al.
- Some hw workarounds from Jesse
- hw context support from Ben
- full uncore sharing on ivb
- prep work to move the gtt code from intel-gtt.c to drm/i915 for gen6+
- some backlight code improvements
- leftovers for the timeout ioctl (we've forgotten the getparam)
- ibx transcoder workarounds
- so smaller fixlets and improvements

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* updated -next
@ 2012-07-22 14:33 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-07-22 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Already the first testing cycle for 3.7. Highlights:
- Some prep patches for hsw dp and the modeset rework.
- support for the ns2501 dvo from Thomas Richter (rather hackish though,
  but seems to work).
- flushing_list removal (Chris).
- reg_read interface (Ben)
- pimp the wait_timeout ioctl to return a mask of active rings, useful for
  SNA to make better calls with external dri2 objects (Chris).
- And quite a few fixes that I'll send to Dave for 3.6: context fallout,
  flushing_list fallout, backlight code cleanup fallout, improve crt ddc
  probing fallout and a few smaller fixes here & there.

Note to QA: -fixes does _not_ contain all the fixes merge into 3.5. I've
had to move -fixes to be a subset of -next so that I can send a pull
request with just those for 3.6. drm-intel-testing has additional merge to
take in everything from 3.5.

Happy testing!

Yours, Daniel
--