linux-f2fs-devel.lists.sourceforge.net archive mirror
* Re: [f2fs-dev] [GIT PULL] f2fs for 5.6-rc6
       [not found] <20200311162735.GA152176@google.com>
@ 2020-03-11 17:20 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-03-11 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 9:27 AM Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> wrote:

> Sorry for late pull request. Could you please consider this?

I pulled this, and then immediately unpulled.

Most (all?) of the commits have been committed basically minutes
before you sent the pull request.

That's simply not acceptable. Not when we're in late rc, and with
hundreds of lines of changes, and when there is no explanation for a
late pull request that was very very recently generated.

                Linus

* Re: [f2fs-dev] [GIT PULL] f2fs for 5.6-rc6
@ 2020-03-11 17:35   ` Jaegeuk Kim
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2020-03-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/11, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 9:27 AM Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for late pull request. Could you please consider this?
>
> I pulled this, and then immediately unpulled.
>
> Most (all?) of the commits have been committed basically minutes
> before you sent the pull request.
>
> That's simply not acceptable. Not when we're in late rc, and with
> hundreds of lines of changes, and when there is no explanation for a
> late pull request that was very very recently generated.

I actually merged the last three patches which were introduced yesterday.
I thought that it'd be fine to pull in, since they are quite trivial several
lines of code changes.

Others were merged over a week ago, and I've tested in the mean time.
It seems the commit times were modified as recent date, when I reorganized
there-in commits aligned to other branch, dev-test. Probably, I had to keep
the commit date in somehow.

Thanks,

@ 2020-03-11 17:41     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-03-11 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:35 AM Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> wrote:

> I actually merged the last three patches which were introduced yesterday.
>
> Others were merged over a week ago.

No, three were done just before you sent the pull request, and then
seven others were done yesterday.

Yes, the rest were a week ago.

But basically, by rc6, I want to get the warm and fuzzies that the
code has been tested, seen review, and isn't some last-minute
addition.

               Linus

* Re: [f2fs-dev] [GIT PULL] f2fs for 5.6-rc6
@ 2020-03-11 17:48       ` Jaegeuk Kim
From: Jaegeuk Kim @ 2020-03-11 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/11, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:35 AM Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > I actually merged the last three patches which were introduced yesterday.
> >
> > Others were merged over a week ago.
>
> No, three were done just before you sent the pull request, and then
> seven others were done yesterday.

Due to my rebase work. :(

> Yes, the rest were a week ago.
>
> But basically, by rc6, I want to get the warm and fuzzies that the
> code has been tested, seen review, and isn't some last-minute
> addition.

Ok, I see. Let me prepare them for next merge window.

@ 2020-04-07 21:05 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2020-04-07 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaegeuk Kim

The pull request you sent on Wed, 11 Mar 2020 09:27:35 -0700:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs.git tags/f2fs-for-5.6-rc6

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/c6d5789bea5187c2716959f8954a1e00b8a7835d

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.