linux-integrity.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* ima-evm-utils:  library version
@ 2019-07-24 12:51 Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-07-24 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Vorel, BrunoE.O.Meneguele, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov, Vitaly Chikunov
  Cc: linux-integrity

Hi -

In preparing the ima-evm-utils v1.2 release, I noticed that the
library version was never updated.  It is still "0.0.0".  Should I set
it to something?  If so, what versioning scheme do you recommend -
using the libtool current[:revision[:age]], prepending the release
version on the .so, or suffixing the release version on the .so?

The other option is to leave the version as 0.0.0 and let the distro
package maintainers deal with it.

Posting a patch that sets the library version would be most welcome.

thanks!

Mimi