Linux-MIPS Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [RFC 0/6] Nintendo 64 Linux port
@ 2020-12-25 17:05 Lauri Kasanen
From: Lauri Kasanen @ 2020-12-25 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips; +Cc: tsbogend

Hi all,

Here's a port for the Nintendo 64.

At least two people have done such a port before, but didn't submit.
This is not based on either.

RFC because I'm not sure if it's useful to have this merged. Old,
niche, and limited platform.

"But why", I hear from the back. Having Linux available makes it easier
to port emulators and fb or console games.
www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Nintendo_64 can be edited to no longer say
"vaporware".
Most importantly, because I can.

There's a ready ROM at https://github.com/clbr/n64bootloader/releases
for folks with a flashcart to play with.

- Lauri