linux-snps-arc.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Repost: linux-snps-arc list msgs truncated ?
@ 2020-06-25  1:46 Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2020-06-25  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Woodhouse, mailman; +Cc: arcml

Hi,

I'm the moderator for linux-snps-arc.
Is there some database corruption or some such. The msgs for linux-snap-arc seem
to have been truncated. Please see the main page below where entries for June-2018
thru May 2020 are gone. This must be a recent breakage as things used to work up
until recently.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/

TIA,
-Vineet

* Re: Repost: linux-snps-arc list msgs truncated ?
@ 2020-06-25  8:14 ` David Woodhouse
From: David Woodhouse @ 2020-06-25  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vineet Gupta, mailman; +Cc: arcml

On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 01:46 +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the moderator for linux-snps-arc.
> Is there some database corruption or some such. The msgs for linux-snap-arc seem
> to have been truncated. Please see the main page below where entries for June-2018
> thru May 2020 are gone. This must be a recent breakage as things used to work up
> until recently.
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/

Yes, apologies for that. The machine hosting lists.infradead.org
suffered a total disk failure last weekend and a new machine has been
drafted into service, unfortunately using the latest backup from May
2018.

So anyone who has subscribed or unsubscribed since then will need to do
so again, and the list archives are missing.

If you can provide the missing messages in mbox form then we can
reinstate them.

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 5174 bytes --]

* Re: Repost: linux-snps-arc list msgs truncated ?
@ 2020-07-01  6:09   ` Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2020-07-01  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Woodhouse; +Cc: arcml

Hi David,

On 6/25/20 1:14 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 01:46 +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm the moderator for linux-snps-arc.
>> Is there some database corruption or some such. The msgs for linux-snap-arc seem
>> to have been truncated. Please see the main page below where entries for June-2018
>> thru May 2020 are gone. This must be a recent breakage as things used to work up
>> until recently.
>>
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/
> Yes, apologies for that. The machine hosting lists.infradead.org
> suffered a total disk failure last weekend and a new machine has been
> drafted into service, unfortunately using the latest backup from May
> 2018.
>
> So anyone who has subscribed or unsubscribed since then will need to do
> so again, and the list archives are missing.
>
> If you can provide the missing messages in mbox form then we can
> reinstate them.

Thx for your reply and confirming the issue and handling it already.
I created a mbox from my local archives, what would be the best way to provide it
to you, email as attachment here, dropbox ?

P.S. My emails to mailman@lists.infradead.org keep bouncing, although I've
subscribed. Is there some snafu due to my email alias (vgupta/vineet.gupta1)

@ 2020-07-01  8:48     ` David Woodhouse
From: David Woodhouse @ 2020-07-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vineet Gupta; +Cc: arcml

On Wed, 2020-07-01 at 06:09 +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 6/25/20 1:14 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 01:46 +0000, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm the moderator for linux-snps-arc.
> > > Is there some database corruption or some such. The msgs for linux-snap-arc seem
> > > to have been truncated. Please see the main page below where entries for June-2018
> > > thru May 2020 are gone. This must be a recent breakage as things used to work up
> > > until recently.
> > >
> > > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-snps-arc/
> >
> > Yes, apologies for that. The machine hosting lists.infradead.org
> > suffered a total disk failure last weekend and a new machine has been
> > drafted into service, unfortunately using the latest backup from May
> > 2018.
> >
> > So anyone who has subscribed or unsubscribed since then will need to do
> > so again, and the list archives are missing.
> >
> > If you can provide the missing messages in mbox form then we can
> > reinstate them.
>
> Thx for your reply and confirming the issue and handling it already.
> I created a mbox from my local archives, what would be the best way to provide it
> to you, email as attachment here, dropbox ?

Whatever's easiest for you; thanks!

> P.S. My emails to mailman@lists.infradead.org keep bouncing, although I've
> subscribed. Is there some snafu due to my email alias (vgupta/vineet.gupta1)

Hm, an actual bounce? What did it say?

@ 2020-06-25  0:55 Vineet Gupta