linux-watchdog.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* What to set in struct watchdog_device::bootstatus?
@ 2019-02-08 10:52 Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2019-02-08 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Van Sebroeck, Guenter Roeck; +Cc: linux-watchdog

Hello,

it's unclear to me, which bits I am supposed to set in the bootstatus
member of struct watchdog_device at probe time.

The i.MX watchdog differentiates the following reset causes:

 - Power On
 - external reset
 - watchdog timeout
 - software reset using a bit in the watchdog register set

(Not all i.MX variants implement all bits according to the respective
reference manuals.)

Should "Power On" result in setting WDIOF_POWERUNDER?

Should "software reset [...]" result in WDIOF_CARDRESET?

Should "external reset" result in WDIOF_EXTERN1? (I guess that no)

Best regards
Uwe