* -ac kernels
@ 2003-07-15 16:12 Ro0tSiEgE LKML
From: Ro0tSiEgE LKML @ 2003-07-15 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

What patches in the -ac kernels get put into the mainstream kernel? For
instance, I would assume that fixes in 2.6.0-test1-ac1 would make it into
2.6.0-test2, but I'm not sure how that works, surely no one is just dropping
those fixes and not applying them at some point to the mainline kernels. So
I guess my question is, at what point does Linus' tree sync with Alan's?

* Re: -ac kernels
@ 2003-07-15 17:28 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-07-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Maw, 2003-07-15 at 17:12, Ro0tSiEgE LKML wrote:
> What patches in the -ac kernels get put into the mainstream kernel? For
> instance, I would assume that fixes in 2.6.0-test1-ac1 would make it into
> 2.6.0-test2, but I'm not sure how that works, surely no one is just dropping
> those fixes and not applying them at some point to the mainline kernels. So
> I guess my question is, at what point does Linus' tree sync with Alan's?

I'm trying to hoover up patches that make things work so it can get more
people testing more and more driver stuff so that when Linus is back I
can nuke his mailbox from orbit...

* Re: -ac kernels
@ 2003-07-15 17:48   ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2003-07-15 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > What patches in the -ac kernels get put into the mainstream kernel? For
> > instance, I would assume that fixes in 2.6.0-test1-ac1 would make it into
> > 2.6.0-test2, but I'm not sure how that works, surely no one is just dropping
> > those fixes and not applying them at some point to the mainline kernels. So
> > I guess my question is, at what point does Linus' tree sync with Alan's?
>
> I'm trying to hoover up patches that make things work so it can get more
> people testing more and more driver stuff so that when Linus is back I
> can nuke his mailbox from orbit...

I will create a -ac patch in the next few days. Alot of important fixes.
Many more fixes to go tho.

* Re: -ac kernels
@ 2003-07-15 17:50     ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-07-15 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Maw, 2003-07-15 at 18:48, James Simmons wrote:
> I will create a -ac patch in the next few days. Alot of important fixes.
> Many more fixes to go tho.

Thanks. I'm not going to OLS so I should have a bit of time to generate these