radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>
Cc: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org,
	"Aaron J. Lee"
	<yodazhong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>,
	Ray Wang <rwang-+OaQ/Okkt+3YtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org>,
	tlin-+OaQ/Okkt+3YtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for an S1G header for radiotap
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 10:35:13 -0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 3:33 AM Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> > Attached is a git format-patch patch that contains a proposal for an S1G header.
> >
> > This proposal was created by Aaron Lee and underwent a couple of
> > rounds of modifications among the WFA folks.
> >
> > All I have done here is to transcribe it to the format required by the
> > documentation web site. Hopefully I have not changed any intent.
>
> Thanks for doing this! :)
>
> > Below is some feedback from Johannes about the proposal so he does not
> > have to retype it along with some comments from me.
>
> :-)
>
> Some *additional* feedback below - please do check my previous note
> about aggregation handling, this is very unclear to me.

I will look at the other comments separately, but I think Aggegration
relates to A-MPDU if I am reading section 9.7 of 802.11ah-2016
correctly.

In which case, we already have an A-MPDU header but we might need some
changes. Perhaps the WFA folks or Aaron can comment on this/

Richard Sharpe
(何以解憂?唯有杜康。--曹操)(传说杜康是酒的发明者)