Rust-for-linux archive on lore.kernel.org
* We are now in linux-next!
@ 2021-03-18 10:59 Miguel Ojeda
From: Miguel Ojeda @ 2021-03-18 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rust-for-linux; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

Thanks to Stephen Rothwell, we are now in linux-next!

This does not mean we will make it into mainline, of course, but it is
a nice step to make things as smooth as possible.

Stephen has kindly agreed to give me a bit of leeway the first few
days until the RFC to rebase things as needed, which is very much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Miguel

* Re: We are now in linux-next!
@ 2021-03-18 12:33 ` Alex Gaynor
From: Alex Gaynor @ 2021-03-18 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda; +Cc: rust-for-linux, Stephen Rothwell

Congratulations everyone, this is an exciting milestone!

Alex

--
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

* Re: We are now in linux-next!
@ 2021-03-18 19:26   ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2021-03-18 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ojeda, rust-for-linux, Alex Gaynor, Stephen Rothwell

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 08:33:05AM -0400, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 7:00 AM Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks to Stephen Rothwell, we are now in linux-next!

The commit message
in https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/rust?id=c77c8025525c36c9d2b9d82e4539403701276a1d
says there are more heroes.  ;-)

> > This does not mean we will make it into mainline, of course, but it is
> > a nice step to make things as smooth as possible.
> >
> > Stephen has kindly agreed to give me a bit of leeway the first few
> > days until the RFC to rebase things as needed, which is very much
> > appreciated.
>
> Congratulations everyone, this is an exciting milestone!

Yes and as far as I understand it, has the near future
more exciting milestone on Rust for Linux.

> Alex
>
> --
> All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse