toaster.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Hello Toaster List!
@ 2017-11-23  5:48 David Brody
From: David Brody @ 2017-11-23  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster

Hi everybody,

I'm just getting started with Toaster after using Yocto and wanting a
better interface for it.

Well done and high fives for Toaster!

I would love to get my hands dirty with some minor updates if I can help
but its a bit unclear how to know what is important and can be taken off
the feature / bug list. If somebody could point me in the right direction,
I would be much appreciated.

I have a lot of experience with Bootstrap/Angular and a little with django.

Thanks!
David

* Re: Hello Toaster List!
@ 2017-11-25  5:22 ` Reyna, David
From: Reyna, David @ 2017-11-25  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Brody; +Cc: toaster

Hi David,

Thank you for using Toaster! This is a vacation week for us, so we have all been a bit off line.

> If somebody could point me in the right direction, I would be much appreciated

1. The first place to start is with the Toaster Developer’s page. There is advice about how to prepare an installation and commits. At the end is a new debugging guide that should give you a lay of the land.

    https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Contribute_to_Toaster

2. The second place is the Toaster bug list. I have pre-triaged bugs intended for the 2.5 release, so those are the ones to start looking at. I can look them over and suggest a few. We can work together on one of them so that you can get a feel for where things are.

    https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance%20desc&bug_status=__all__&product=Toaster&list_id=603029

> I have a lot of experience with Bootstrap/Angular and a little with django.

That is excellent that you know Bootstrap!

We used Angular for a some parts of Toaster while but have since moved back to doing everything with Django, but it is al pretty straight forward stuff.

- David

@ 2017-11-27  7:35   ` Stéphane Ancelot
From: Stéphane Ancelot @ 2017-11-27  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toaster