* Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
@ 2009-02-06 13:51 Thomas Goirand
                   ` (15 more replies)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-02-06 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi,

I have somebody that uses our open source control panel (DTC) that has
complained that there is no moderation interface using web (and not
using the reply thing on a moderation message). He needs it for a big
number of high traffic lists.

So here is my question: is there a way to do such web-based moderation
with MLMMJ? If yes how? If no, how could I write/contribute it?

Thomas

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
@ 2009-02-07  8:30 ` Mads Martin Joergensen
                   ` (14 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Joergensen @ 2009-02-07  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

* Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> [Feb 06. 2009 14:51]:
> I have somebody that uses our open source control panel (DTC) that has
> complained that there is no moderation interface using web (and not
> using the reply thing on a moderation message). He needs it for a big
> number of high traffic lists.

It cannot at the moment, but if I know you, you'll have it able to very
soon ;-)

> So here is my question: is there a way to do such web-based moderation
> with MLMMJ? If yes how? If no, how could I write/contribute it?

Thinking really quickly about it, here's the route I would have a look
at:

  i) tunable 'cmdlinemoderation' which makes mlmmj not send mails,
     but just leave it in the directory. Maybe even put a path to a
     directory in the moderation file where mlmmj then would put the
     same files as it would in LISTDIR/moderation. That could be the
     directory where your web code would look and reflect upon
 ii) when someone in the web moderation page clicks to moderate a mail
     you would invoke the same code path from the commandline (see
     listcontrol.c) as when a mail arrives accepting a moderation. You
     might do this by just sending a mail to listname+moderate-KEY or
     what the precise address should be.

Comments from Morten, etc. wrt. security would of course be welcome :)

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
@ 2009-02-07  9:17 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (13 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-02-07  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> Thinking really quickly about it, here's the route I would have a look
> at:
>
>   i) tunable 'cmdlinemoderation' which makes mlmmj not send mails,
>      but just leave it in the directory. Maybe even put a path to a
>      directory in the moderation file where mlmmj then would put the
>      same files as it would in LISTDIR/moderation. That could be the
>      directory where your web code would look and reflect upon
>  ii) when someone in the web moderation page clicks to moderate a mail
>      you would invoke the same code path from the commandline (see
>      listcontrol.c) as when a mail arrives accepting a moderation. You
>      might do this by just sending a mail to listname+moderate-KEY or
>      what the precise address should be.
>
> Comments from Morten, etc. wrt. security would of course be welcome :)

I have read a bit listcontrol.c, and the way I understand it, is that
the web interface should:

- rename moderated with:
mv hash hash.sending

- call the following:
mlmmjsend -L listdir -m hash.sending

Just one thing: what is in execlp() that is not in the system exec()
function?

If it's THAT simple, then I guess I can write a very tiny (single file)
php script to do that job... Of course, php should have enough access
right to be able to read/write in the list dir, but I guess this is more
an administrator's job than mine in this case.

The only real issue that I can forecast here, is how to display nicely
the list of message to be moderated. I guess it would be best to use
something that already exists. Maybe there's a lib to do that in PEAR?
Anybody has an idea how to do this with not too much programming work?

Thomas

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
@ 2009-02-07 10:46 ` Mads Martin Joergensen
                   ` (12 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Joergensen @ 2009-02-07 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

* Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> [Feb 07. 2009 10:17]:
> Just one thing: what is in execlp() that is not in the system exec()
> function?

Have a look at exec(3):

DESCRIPTION
   The  exec()  family  of functions replaces the current process
   image with a new process image.  The functions described in this
   manual page are front-ends for execve(2).  (See the manual page
   for execve(2) for further details about the replacement of the
   current process image.)

There actually exist no exec() call. You might be thinking of system()?

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
 and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?"
                                 -- A. P. J.

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-07 13:10 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (11 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-02-07 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> * Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> [Feb 07. 2009 10:17]:
>> Just one thing: what is in execlp() that is not in the system exec()
>> function?
>
> Have a look at exec(3):
>
> DESCRIPTION
>    The  exec()  family  of functions replaces the current process
>    image with a new process image.  The functions described in this
>    manual page are front-ends for execve(2).  (See the manual page
>    for execve(2) for further details about the replacement of the
>    current process image.)
>
> There actually exist no exec() call. You might be thinking of system()?

Forget it, I thought execlp() was internal to MLMMJ, but I have found my
answer, it's documented.

Anyway, my question remains... Is the procedure like this:

- rename moderated with:
mv hash hash.sending

- call the following:
mlmmjsend -L listdir -m hash.sending

Also, pops to my mind: why should I rename the moderated message? Is it
mandatory? Should the moderation web interface delete the moderated
message with unlink after the call to mlmmjsend?

Thomas

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-07 13:34 ` Mads Martin Joergensen
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Joergensen @ 2009-02-07 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

* Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> [Feb 07. 2009 14:10]:
> Anyway, my question remains... Is the procedure like this:
>
> - rename moderated with:
> mv hash hash.sending

That mv is done by mlmmj-send while sending, you should never have to do
that.

I would suggest you send a mail to a moderated list, go to the LISTDIR
and see what it looks like while it's waiting for the moderator to
reply.

You need exectly the same, but just not send a mail to moderators, but
leave the moderation action for the webinterface...

> - call the following:
> mlmmjsend -L listdir -m hash.sending
>
> Also, pops to my mind: why should I rename the moderated message? Is it
> mandatory? Should the moderation web interface delete the moderated
> message with unlink after the call to mlmmjsend?

... and when the webinterface clicks moderate you do the same as if the
moderator replied to the mail. Just send a mail to the reply-to address
from your webserver. You know how to construct the correct reply-to when
you have access to the moderation/ directory.

And if you send the mail, then you don't have to do anything else, since
that's not needed with mail moderation either.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
 and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?"
                                 -- A. P. J.

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-07 13:43 ` Christian Laursen
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Christian Laursen @ 2009-02-07 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:

> ... and when the webinterface clicks moderate you do the same as if the
> moderator replied to the mail. Just send a mail to the reply-to address
> from your webserver. You know how to construct the correct reply-to when
> you have access to the moderation/ directory.
>
> And if you send the mail, then you don't have to do anything else, since
> that's not needed with mail moderation either.

I would recommend this approach too. From an administration point of
view, the only thing neccesary would then be for the web server user to
have read access to the moderation directory.

--
Christian Laursen

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-02-08 12:54 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-02-08 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Christian Laursen wrote:
> Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
>
>> ... and when the webinterface clicks moderate you do the same as if the
>> moderator replied to the mail. Just send a mail to the reply-to address
>> from your webserver. You know how to construct the correct reply-to when
>> you have access to the moderation/ directory.
>>
>> And if you send the mail, then you don't have to do anything else, since
>> that's not needed with mail moderation either.
>
> I would recommend this approach too. From an administration point of
> view, the only thing neccesary would then be for the web server user to
> have read access to the moderation directory.

There we go! I spent my Sunday afternoon on it, and the result is attached.

Here are some explanations.

* dependencies *

This app needs:
- php with gettext() support (for translations). Nearly all (if not all)
Unix distributions have php with gettext support.
- The Mail_mime PEAR package (php-mail-mime in Debian)

* setup *

- Unpack the tar.gz
- Run "make i18n" to generate the gettext binaries out of the sources
- Edit the 5 variables on top of mlmmj-moderation.php to set the
moderation folder, list name, domain, delimiter and the address used to
send the moderation validation messages. You will need gettext installed
on your system...
- Eventually rename mlmmj-moderation.php and edit mlmmj.css to your taste
- Add a .htaccess / .htpasswd to protect the moderation folder from others
- make it so this app have read/write access to the moderation folder.
Write access is needed because the app does some unlink() calls to
delete the messages.
- If using debian, you might need to dpkg-reconfigure locales and add
fr_FR.UTF-8, if you want to see my French translation (there might be
some other distributions needing the same kind of thing, I don't know...).

* known issues *

- Because this web app is sending an email to validate messages to be
moderated, once you have hit "validate", validated messages will still
(most of the times) show in the interface, as the folder is (most of the
times) read before MLMMJ has time to send the moderated messages and
remove them from the moderation folder.

A workaround would be to NOT display messages that are moderated on the
URL bar, but it's not a good way to go, as if the server is very busy,
the next refresh of the page (the one after the validation) can still
show some messages already validated. We see here that the method to
send emails doesn't seem to be very good... Would it be possible for me
to rename the moderated messages???

- Because it's the first version, I have not yet used POST, but some GET
in order to see things on the URL bar. So, of course, we are here
hitting the limitation of the URL size (if there are really a lot of
messages to moderate). This can be changed later simply by adding
method="POST" in the form, as I use $_REQUEST (and not the stupid $_POST
/ $_GET that everybody uses...). I might do this on the next version,
but for now, it's more easy for debug purposes to keep it this way.

I hope you guys will like my work. Comments and critics are welcome, I'd
be happy to add some improvements.

Regards,

Thomas Goirand

P.S: A nice name for this app would be cool. Ideas?

[-- Attachment #2: mlmmj-moderation-web-interface_0.1.tar.gz --]
[-- Type: application/gzip, Size: 5655 bytes --]

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-01  6:54 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-03-01  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Is anybody interested in my work here? Or nobody cares?

Thomas

* RE: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-01 23:53 ` James Scott
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: James Scott @ 2009-03-01 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Thomas,

Thanks for the work, and I apologise for being slow to respond.

I am interested, and intend to install and use the web interface.  However,
I use MLMMJ for only a few low volume lists, so this is not one of my high
priority tasks right at present.

James

                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-02  6:27 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-03-02  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

James Scott wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the work, and I apologise for being slow to respond.
>
> I am interested, and intend to install and use the web interface.  However,
> I use MLMMJ for only a few low volume lists, so this is not one of my high
> priority tasks right at present.
>
> James

Hi!

As I wrote to Martin, I don't really care that one too, I was just
annoyed that a user of our open source web hosting control panel
complained that MLMMJ didn't have the feature while Sympa did. So I
thought it would be a nice addition, and a quite mandatory feature for
busy moderated lists. I just hope this will help promoting my favorite
mailing list software! :)

Thomas

P.S: FYI, our panel (DTC) is now in Debian Lenny. I guess this makes it
the only full solution for managing MLMMJ (and of course other stuffs)
in Debian.

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-04 20:20 ` Morten K. Poulsen
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-03-04 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi Thomas,

First of all: Sorry about the long response time.

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 14:27 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> As I wrote to Martin, I don't really care that one too, I was just
> annoyed that a user of our open source web hosting control panel
> complained that MLMMJ didn't have the feature while Sympa did. So I
> thought it would be a nice addition, and a quite mandatory feature for
> busy moderated lists. I just hope this will help promoting my favorite
> mailing list software! :)

Thanks for the code - I've committed it to CVS, and it will be included
in the next release of mlmmj :)

For the impatient souls out there, it can also be downloaded from
http://mlmmj.mmj.dk/~mortenp/mlmmj-php-moderation-cvs20090304.tar.bz2

There is a few notices. Could you take care of them? It's not urgent.

Notice: Use of undefined constant show_message - assumed 'show_message'
in /home/mopo/mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php on
line 237

These can only be provoked by a malformed mail, but it would be nice to
get rid of them anyway:

Notice: Undefined index: date in
/home/mopo/mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php on
line 154

Notice: Undefined index: subject
in /home/mopo/mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php on
line 155

Notice: Undefined index: from
in /home/mopo/mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php on
line 161

Best regards,
Morten

--
Morten K. Poulsen <mopo@fabletech.com>
CTO, FableTech

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-04 20:37 ` Morten K. Poulsen
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-03-04 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 21:20 +0100, Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
> Thanks for the code - I've committed it to CVS, and it will be included
> in the next release of mlmmj :)

I totally forgot to mention that I've edited the Makefile a bit (and
renamed it to build-translations.sh). It didn't have any dependency
handling anyway ;)

Morten

--
Morten K. Poulsen <mopo@fabletech.com>
CTO, FableTech
http://fabletech.com/

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (11 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-04 23:38 ` Thomas Goirand
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-03-04 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
> Thanks for the code - I've committed it to CVS, and it will be included
> in the next release of mlmmj :)

Cheers!

> For the impatient souls out there, it can also be downloaded from
> http://mlmmj.mmj.dk/~mortenp/mlmmj-php-moderation-cvs20090304.tar.bz2
>
> There is a few notices. Could you take care of them? It's not urgent.

Outch! I normally work with error reporting E_ALL, my bad...

By the way, I did it right away, because otherwise I will forget.

> These can only be provoked by a malformed mail, but it would be nice to
> get rid of them anyway:

I didn't even think a mail could ever be sent with no From:, Date: or
such header. How nasty can it be that a mail server is accepting such
email? :(

Attached is a diff to apply. It seems you missed my README, can you
re-add it in the folder? The notes are quite important for the setup,
especially the things about the .htaccess. Also, why the .htaccess in
the translation folder has been renamed to dot.htaccess? Is that because
you are using CVS? To me, it would be wise to switch to Git. You would
never regret it!!!

Thomas

[-- Attachment #2: mlmmj-web-moderation.diff --]
[-- Type: text/x-diff; name="mlmmj-web-moderation.diff", Size: 5627 bytes --]

diff -u -r mlmmj.orig/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php
--- mlmmj.orig/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php	2009-02-08 20:43:11.000000000 +0800
+++ mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/mlmmj-moderation.php	2009-03-05 07:25:14.000000000 +0800
@@ -151,14 +151,24 @@
 		}
 		$out .= "<tr>";
 		$out .= "<td $cls>" . "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"msg_id[]\" value=\"". $all_msg[$i]["filename"] ."\">" . "</td>";
-		$out .= "<td $cls>" . htmlspecialchars($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["date"]) . "</td>";
-		if( strlen($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["subject"]) == 0){
+		if( isset($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["date"]) ){
+			$mydate = htmlspecialchars($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["date"]);
+		}else{
+			$mydate = _("No date");
+		}
+		$out .= "<td $cls>" . $mydate . "</td>";
+		if( !isset($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["subject"]) || strlen($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["subject"]) == 0){
 			$subject = _("No subject");
 		}else{
 			$subject = $all_msg[$i]["headers"]["subject"];
 		}
 		$out .= "<td $cls><a href=\"". $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] ."?action=show_message&msgid=". $all_msg[$i]["filename"] ."\">" . htmlspecialchars($subject) . "</a></td>";
-		$out .= "<td $cls>" . htmlspecialchars($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["from"]) . "</td>";
+		if( isset($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["from"]) ){
+			$myfrom = htmlspecialchars($all_msg[$i]["headers"]["from"]);
+		}else{
+			$myfrom = _("No from in headers");
+		}
+		$out .= "<td $cls>" . $myfrom . "</td>";
 		$out .= "</tr>\n";
 	}
 	$out .= "</table>\n";
@@ -234,7 +244,7 @@
 <h3>MLMMJ "._("moderation web interface")."</h3>

-if( isset($_REQUEST["action"]) && $_REQUEST["action"] == show_message){
+if( isset($_REQUEST["action"]) && $_REQUEST["action"] == "show_message"){
 	if( !ereg("^([0-9a-f]+)\$",$_REQUEST["msgid"]) ){
 		echo "<span class=\"errorMessages\">"._("Message ID format is wrong: can't display!")."</span>";
 	}else{
diff -u -r mlmmj.orig/contrib/web/php-moderation/translations/fr_FR.po mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/translations/fr_FR.po
--- mlmmj.orig/contrib/web/php-moderation/translations/fr_FR.po	2009-02-08 19:46:34.000000000 +0800
+++ mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/translations/fr_FR.po	2009-03-05 07:29:30.000000000 +0800
@@ -7,15 +7,15 @@
 msgstr ""
 "Project-Id-Version: 0.1\n"
 "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
-"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-02-08 11:46+0000\n"
-"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-02-08 11:15+0000\n"
+"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-03-05 07:25+0800\n"
+"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-03-05 07:29+0800\n"
 "Last-Translator: Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>\n"
 "Language-Team: Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>\n"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:249
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:259
 msgid "Back to messages list"
 msgstr "Retour a la liste des messages"

@@ -23,27 +23,27 @@
 msgid "Date"
 msgstr "Date"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:251
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:261
 msgid "Date:"
 msgstr "Date :"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:167
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:177
 msgid "Delete"
 msgstr "Effacer"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:246
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:256
 msgid "Error: could not read"
 msgstr "Erreur: impossible de lire"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:165
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:175
 msgid "For the selection:"
-msgstr "Pour la selection :"
+msgstr "Pour la sélection :"

 #: mlmmj-moderation.php:144
 msgid "From"
 msgstr "De"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:250
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:260
 msgid "From:"
 msgstr "De:"

@@ -51,27 +51,35 @@
 msgid "Inverse selection"
 msgstr "Inverser la selection"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:239
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:249
 msgid "Message ID format is wrong: can't display!"
 msgstr "Le format de l'ID du message est faux: affichage impossible !"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:254
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:264
 msgid "Message body:"
 msgstr "Corp du message :"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:184
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:194
 msgid "Moderation ID not found in the moderation folder!"
-msgstr "ID de moderation non trouve dans le dossier de moderation!"
+msgstr "ID de modération non trouve dans le dossier de modération!"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:174
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:157
+msgid "No date"
+msgstr "Pas de date"
+
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:169
+msgid "No from in headers"
+msgstr "Pas de from dans les entêtes"
+
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:184
 msgid "No message selected!"
-msgstr "Pas de message selectionne !"
+msgstr "Pas de message sélectionné !"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:156
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:161
 msgid "No subject"
 msgstr "Pas de sujet"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:235
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:245
 msgid "Refresh page"
 msgstr "Rafraichir la page"

@@ -79,22 +87,23 @@
 msgid "Subject"
 msgstr "Sujet"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:253
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:263
 msgid "Subject:"
 msgstr "Sujet :"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:252
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:262
 msgid "To:"
 msgstr "Pour :"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:166
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:176
 msgid "Validate"
 msgstr "Valider"

 #: mlmmj-moderation.php:122
 msgid "Warning: could not read"
-msgstr "Warning : impossible de lire"
+msgstr "Alerte : impossible de lire"

-#: mlmmj-moderation.php:234
+#: mlmmj-moderation.php:244
 msgid "moderation web interface"
 msgstr "interface web de moderation"
+
Only in mlmmj/contrib/web/php-moderation/translations: templates.pot

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (12 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-06 16:43 ` Morten K. Poulsen
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-03-06 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 07:38 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Outch! I normally work with error reporting E_ALL, my bad...
>
> By the way, I did it right away, because otherwise I will forget.

That one was for me, right? ;-)

> I didn't even think a mail could ever be sent with no From:, Date: or
> such header. How nasty can it be that a mail server is accepting such
> email? :(

I am not sure that it will ever happen in real life, but I had the path
set to the listdir (not listdir/moderation) by error, so that's why it
barfed.

> Attached is a diff to apply.

Thanks, I have committed it to CVS.

> It seems you missed my README, can you re-add it in the folder?

I don't think it was the tarball, so I have copied the text from the
mail body of your original mail into a README file, and committed it to
CVS. Please check it to see if is what you wanted.

The updated version is available here:
http://mlmmj.mmj.dk/~mortenp/mlmmj-php-moderation-cvs20090306.tar.bz2

> Also, why the .htaccess in the translation folder has been renamed to
> dot.htaccess? Is that because you are using CVS?

No, it's because I don't like to have "hidden" files in the
distribution. It's an old BOFH habit.

> To me, it would be wise to switch to Git. You would never regret
> it!!!

Git is just the RCS flavor of the month. I don't see any compelling
arguments in favor of switching. Subversion might be an alternative to
CVS, but what do we gain by switching away from a tried and tested
revision control system which does a perfect job of keeping track of the
source code?

//mopo

--
Morten K. Poulsen <mopo@fabletech.com>
CTO, FableTech
http://fabletech.com/

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (13 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-06 19:36 ` Thomas Goirand
From: Thomas Goirand @ 2009-03-06 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Morten K. Poulsen wrote:
>> It seems you missed my README, can you re-add it in the folder?
>
> I don't think it was the tarball, so I have copied the text from the
> mail body of your original mail into a README file, and committed it to
> CVS. Please check it to see if is what you wanted.

Perfect then. That was more or less the same stuff.

>> Also, why the .htaccess in the translation folder has been renamed to
>> dot.htaccess? Is that because you are using CVS?
>
> No, it's because I don't like to have "hidden" files in the
> distribution. It's an old BOFH habit.

It's ok then, but does your Makefile renames it?

Thomas

* Re: Web based moderation system for MLMMJ
                   ` (14 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-03-06 20:40 ` Morten K. Poulsen
From: Morten K. Poulsen @ 2009-03-06 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 03:36 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > I don't think it was the tarball, so I have copied the text from the
> > mail body of your original mail into a README file, and committed it to
> > CVS. Please check it to see if is what you wanted.
>
> Perfect then. That was more or less the same stuff.

Cool. Let me know if you have any changes or additions.

> >> Also, why the .htaccess in the translation folder has been renamed to
> >> dot.htaccess? Is that because you are using CVS?
> >
> > No, it's because I don't like to have "hidden" files in the
> > distribution. It's an old BOFH habit.
>
> It's ok then, but does your Makefile renames it?

No, there is no Makefile any longer (and it would IMO be just as bad as
distributing the file directly). But I added a word about it in the
README, just like there is for web/php-admin and web/perl-admin. I hope
that's good enough. I haven't heard about any confusion from anybody
about the other interfaces.

Morten