* vc04_services driver question
@ 2016-10-07  5:30 Elizabeth Ferdman
From: Elizabeth Ferdman @ 2016-10-07  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel; +Cc: amsfield22

I noticed a new driver vc04_services was just added and that the Kconfig
says it depends on BROKEN. The tutorial specifically says not to work on
drivers that have that in the depends on line. However, I also noticed
that patches were being accepted for rtl8712 and greybus and those
have BROKEN in the Kconfig as well... so is it ok to submit patches for
that one or even a patchset?

My other question is if we are doing simple cleanups and manage to run
make path/to/file.o and create a new .o file in the directory, is it ok not
to run $ make -j2 && sudo make modules_install, etc. ? Today I wasn't
able to run that successfully because of a bug that got through in the
latest update, something to do with x86 architecture, but I still wanted
to get some patches in...

Thanks,
Liz