* KernelCI API Auth Token
@ 2018-10-02 18:46 anibal.limon
From: anibal.limon @ 2018-10-02 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

I want to access the KernelCI API to get information about the QCOMLT
builds, I have a couple of questions,

What is the process to get a KernelCI API  auth token?

Fathi, Anmar,
Do we have a KernelCI auth token available on LinaroCI?

Regards,
Anibal

* Re: KernelCI API Auth Token
@ 2018-10-02 18:54 ` Fathi Boudra
From: Fathi Boudra @ 2018-10-02 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anibal Limon; +Cc: kernelci, Nicolas Dechesne, anmar.oueja

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 21:46, Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to access the KernelCI API to get information about the QCOMLT
> builds, I have a couple of questions,
>
> What is the process to get a KernelCI API  auth token?
>
> Fathi, Anmar,
> Do we have a KernelCI auth token available on LinaroCI?

No, we don't have a KernelCI auth token in our side of the infra.

> Regards,
> Anibal

Cheers,
Fathi

* Re: [kernelci] KernelCI API Auth Token
@ 2018-10-03  8:13 ` Milosz Wasilewski
From: Milosz Wasilewski @ 2018-10-03  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 01:37, Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to access the KernelCI API to get information about the QCOMLT builds, I have a couple of questions,
>
> What is the process to get a KernelCI API  auth token?

I guess asking the ML is a good start. Back in the days when Milo was
working on the code I got one directly from him. I'm not sure who is
generating tokens these days.

milosz

@ 2018-10-03 16:16   ` Anibal Limon
From: Anibal Limon @ 2018-10-03 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, info, milo; +Cc: Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

+ Milo
+ info at kernelci.org

@ 2018-10-16 20:29     ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2018-10-16 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: info, milo, nicolas.dechesne, anmar.oueja, Fathi Boudra

FYI I've sent an API token to Anibal with only HTTP GET permissions.

@ 2018-10-16 20:31       ` Anibal Limon
From: Anibal Limon @ 2018-10-16 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: info, milo, Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:29, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@gmail.com>
wrote:

> FYI I've sent an API token to Anibal with only HTTP GET permissions.

Right, I tested it for my personal usage and works, thanks Guillaume.

I requested a token for read/write over qcom-lt/jobs.

Regards,
Anibal

@ 2018-10-23 15:44         ` Anibal Limon
From: Anibal Limon @ 2018-10-23 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, Guillaume Tucker
  Cc: info, milo, Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:31, Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:29, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> FYI I've sent an API token to Anibal with only HTTP GET permissions.
>>

> Right, I tested it for my personal usage and works, thanks Guillaume.
>
> I requested a token for read/write over qcom-lt/jobs.

Hi Guillaume,

Any update on get a token for r/w on qcom-lt/jobs?

Regards,
Anibal

@ 2018-10-23 16:01           ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2018-10-23 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anibal Limon
  Cc: kernelci, info, milo, nicolas.dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

Hi Anibal,
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 4:45 PM Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:31, Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:29, Guillaume Tucker <
>> guillaume.tucker@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> FYI I've sent an API token to Anibal with only HTTP GET permissions.
>>>

>> Right, I tested it for my personal usage and works, thanks Guillaume.
>>
>> I requested a token for read/write over qcom-lt/jobs.
>>

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Any update on get a token for r/w on qcom-lt/jobs?

Could you please explain what you and the Qualcomm Landing Team
intend to do with this token?

In principle it seems fine to have a non-LAVA lab provide some
KernelCI test results, but it would be good to have it explained
on this mailing list so we're all aware of what this involves.

Best wishes,
Guillaume

@ 2018-10-23 16:57             ` Anibal Limon
From: Anibal Limon @ 2018-10-23 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillaume Tucker
  Cc: kernelci, info, milo, Nicolas Dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 11:01, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anibal,
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 4:45 PM Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 15:31, Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Right, I tested it for my personal usage and works, thanks Guillaume.
>>>
>>> I requested a token for read/write over qcom-lt/jobs.
>>>

>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> Any update on get a token for r/w on qcom-lt/jobs?
>>

> Could you please explain what you and the Qualcomm Landing Team
> intend to do with this token?

I explained before but may be I wasn't clear.

We run a LAVA testjob [1] generated by LinaroCI [2], the LinaroCI job get
the latest KernelCI qcom-lt/integration [3] binaries and
build an Android boot image with our own ramdisk and test scripts like
bootrr (boot regression tests) for QC boards.

We need a KernelCI token to push back the test results via /test API into
qcom-lt/integration [3].

Regards,
Anibal

[1] https://validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/1895654
[2] https://ci.linaro.org/job/lt-qcom-linux-integration/
[3] https://kernelci.org/job/qcom-lt/branch/integration-linux-qcomlt/

@ 2018-10-30  5:21               ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2018-10-30  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anibal Limon
  Cc: kernelci, info, milo, nicolas.dechesne, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 5:58 PM Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 11:01, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anibal,
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 4:45 PM Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> Any update on get a token for r/w on qcom-lt/jobs?
>>>

>> Could you please explain what you and the Qualcomm Landing Team
>> intend to do with this token?
>>

> I explained before but may be I wasn't clear.
>
> We run a LAVA testjob [1] generated by LinaroCI [2], the LinaroCI job get
> the latest KernelCI qcom-lt/integration [3] binaries and
> build an Android boot image with our own ramdisk and test scripts like
> bootrr (boot regression tests) for QC boards.

These tests aren't regular KernelCI test plans, so you'll need to make sure
you're providing the necessary metadata when pushing results.
Alternatively, you could add this metadata directly in the LAVA job
definition and use the callback notification to populate the results
directly in KernelCI like other LAVA labs do.

Also you would in principle need to push your builds metadata to KernelCI,
and probably the binaries as well on storage.kernelci.org.  I realise this
may not be very practical, but integrating KernelCI with other test
infrastructure is important so please let us know if there are things you
would like to see improved in this respect.

> We need a KernelCI token to push back the test results via /test API into
> qcom-lt/integration [3].

Thanks for the explanations.  I've created both a staging and production
tokens for lab-qcom and sent them privately.

Guillaume

Regards,

@ 2018-10-30  5:45                 ` Nicolas Dechesne
From: Nicolas Dechesne @ 2018-10-30  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guillaume.tucker
  Cc: Anibal Limon, kernelci, info, milo, Anmar Oueja, Fathi Boudra

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 6:21 AM Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 5:58 PM Anibal Limon <anibal.limon@linaro.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 11:01, Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Anibal,

>>> Could you please explain what you and the Qualcomm Landing Team
>>> intend to do with this token?
>>

>> I explained before but may be I wasn't clear.
>>
>> We run a LAVA testjob [1] generated by LinaroCI [2], the LinaroCI job get the latest KernelCI qcom-lt/integration [3] binaries and
>> build an Android boot image with our own ramdisk and test scripts like bootrr (boot regression tests) for QC boards.
>

> These tests aren't regular KernelCI test plans, so you'll need to make sure you're providing the necessary metadata when pushing results.  Alternatively, you could add this metadata directly in the LAVA job definition and use the callback notification to populate the results directly in KernelCI like other LAVA labs do.

Where are regular KernelCI test plans defined / set? We probably
should look at what exists already.  For metadata, we certainly can
add anything that's missing and/or needed. Do you expect that using
the /test API requires to use only KernelCI test plans or is it well
accepted to define our own test plans that live outside of kernelCI?

> Also you would in principle need to push your builds metadata to KernelCI, and probably the binaries as well on storage.kernelci.org.  I realise this may not be very practical, but integrating KernelCI with other test infrastructure is important so please let us know if there are things you would like to see improved in this respect.

Actually, this topic came up yesterday in one of our discussion. Good
timing. So essentially, you are asking to push everything needed to
reproduce a test run, is that right? All the binaries used are already
published on linaro.org already, though I think our retention policy
is 1 month only for "daily" builds that we test. I am not sure how
practical it will become if all labs start pushing their binaries to
kernelCI, but I agree that this needs to be discussed and agreed upon.
What is data retention policy for storage.kernelci.org? And if we
guarantee that we match what kernelCI is doing on our own
infrastructure, do you still think we should push our binaries?

>> We need a KernelCI token to push back the test results via /test API into qcom-lt/integration [3].
>

> Thanks for the explanations.  I've created both a staging and production tokens for lab-qcom and sent them privately.

thanks!