* RPI WiFi not loading module
@ 2019-05-23  9:14 Jonas Andersson
From: Jonas Andersson @ 2019-05-23  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi

I have problem to get my WiFi working on boot on Raspberry Pi 3.

The problem is that wlan0 interface not showing up, if I manually
run modprobe brcmfmac it works.

To try to "force" the load of brcmfmac i added it to KERNEL_MODULE_AUTOLOAD and
that generated an file in /etc/modules-load.d/ -> brcmfmac.conf but it is
still not loaded.

I use systemd an to my understanding systemd-modules-load.service is
handling module auto load, but that file is missing and I cant see how to
include it in my build.

Building thud version and I have added the following to my image recipe:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " wifi"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " iw wpa-supplicant packagegroup-base
module-init-tools"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\
    linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430 \
    linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43455 \
    bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430a1-hcd \
    bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm4345c0-hcd \
 "
Then i have symlinked wpa-supplicant service to load wpa-supplicant.conf
file and that work when I manually loads the module.

Best regards
Jonas

* Re: RPI WiFi not loading module
@ 2019-05-23 10:03 ` Belisko Marek
From: Belisko Marek @ 2019-05-23 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Andersson; +Cc: yocto

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:15 AM Jonas Andersson
<jonaskgandersson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have problem to get my WiFi working on boot on Raspberry Pi 3.
for rpi issues I would suggest to open ticket on meta-raspberrypi
github with stated which yocto branch and other details. Thanks.

> The problem is that wlan0 interface not showing up, if I manually run modprobe brcmfmac it works.
>
> To try to "force" the load of brcmfmac i added it to KERNEL_MODULE_AUTOLOAD and that generated an file in /etc/modules-load.d/ -> brcmfmac.conf but it is still not loaded.
>
> I use systemd an to my understanding systemd-modules-load.service is handling module auto load, but that file is missing and I cant see how to include it in my build.
>
> Building thud version and I have added the following to my image recipe:
>
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " wifi"
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " iw wpa-supplicant packagegroup-base module-init-tools"
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\
>     linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430 \
>     linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43455 \
>     bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430a1-hcd \
>     bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm4345c0-hcd \
>  "
> Then i have symlinked wpa-supplicant service to load wpa-supplicant.conf file and that work when I manually loads the module.
>
> Best regards
> Jonas

BR,

marek

* Re: RPI WiFi not loading module
@ 2019-05-24  0:03 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2019-05-24  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Andersson, yocto

On 5/23/19 2:14 AM, Jonas Andersson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have problem to get my WiFi working on boot on Raspberry Pi 3.
>
> The problem is that wlan0 interface not showing up, if I manually
> run modprobe brcmfmac it works.
>
> To try to "force" the load of brcmfmac i added it to
> KERNEL_MODULE_AUTOLOAD and that generated an file
> in /etc/modules-load.d/ -> brcmfmac.conf but it is still not loaded.
>
> I use systemd an to my understanding systemd-modules-load.service is
> handling module auto load, but that file is missing and I cant see how
> to include it in my build.
>
> Building thud version and I have added the following to my image recipe:
>
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " wifi"
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " iw wpa-supplicant packagegroup-base
> module-init-tools"
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\
>      linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430 \
>      linux-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43455 \
>      bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm43430a1-hcd \
>      bluez-firmware-rpidistro-bcm4345c0-hcd \
>   "
> Then i have symlinked wpa-supplicant service to load wpa-supplicant.conf
> file and that work when I manually loads the module.

I wonder if something like this will help you
https://github.com/YoeDistro/meta-yoe/tree/master/recipes-core/systemd

@ 2019-05-27  9:36   ` Jonas Andersson
From: Jonas Andersson @ 2019-05-27  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto