* [KJ] de-initialization of = 0 globals
@ 2005-12-13 14:01 Jaco Kroon
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Jaco Kroon @ 2005-12-13 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

Has there been decided on a standard for these?  There are approximately
800  (in just under 500 files) of these statements left in the kernel
sources.

Currently these will read something like:

static int variable_name = 0;

Are we going with

static int variable_name;

or

static int variable_name; /* =0 */

?

Also, if I'm going to be sending patches for these it's obviously a patch
per affected file, so if I'm going to be sending let's say a hundred of
these patches it's still a mail per patch or do I just archive them
somehow and attach them or do I place them on a webserver and mail a uri
to them?

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary,
and those who don't.