* Updated -next
@ 2012-04-21 16:40 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-21 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Highlights:
- More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
  known issues fixed.
- Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
- rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
- Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
- Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
- More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
  merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning.
- More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
- intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
- Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
- And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-23  7:39 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-23  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 06:40:32PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Highlights:
> - More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
>   known issues fixed.
> - Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
> - rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
> - Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
> - Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
> - More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
>   merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning.
> - More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
> - intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
> - Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
> - And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.
>
> Happy testing!

To fix up 32bit compilation, I've updated both -next and -testing.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-23  7:40   ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-04-23  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics Development

Okay, I'm just going to write mail to you for that issue.

Thanks
   --Yi Sun

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-27 11:45 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-27 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Dave Airlie; +Cc: DRI Development

Hi Dave,

A new drm-intel-next pull. Highlights:
- More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
  known issues fixed.
- Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
- rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
- Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
- Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
- More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
  merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning :(
- More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
- intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
- Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
- And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.

Note that this pull request also contains a backmerge of -rc3 to sort out
a few things in -next. I've also had to frob the shortlog a bit to exclude
anything that -rc3 brings in with this pull.

Regression wise we have a few strange bugs going on, but for all of them
closer inspection revealed that they've been pre-existing, just now
slightly more likely to be hit. And for most of them we have a patch
already. Otherwise QA has not reported any regressions, and I'm also not
aware of anything bad happening in 3.4.

For 3.4 Ken discovered that one of the snb workarounds in -next is
required to fix hangs in google maps and tons of other apps, so expect
another -fixes pull.

Cheers, Daniel

The following changes since commit effbc4fd8e37e41d6f2bb6bcc611c14b4fbdcf9b:

  Merge branch 'drm-intel-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel into drm-core-next (2012-04-12 10:27:01 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-04-23

for you to fetch changes up to a85d4bcb8a0cd5b3c754f98ff91ef2b9b3a73bc5:

  drm/i915: rc6 residency (fix the fix) (2012-04-23 09:30:14 +0200)

Armin Reese (1):
      drm/i915: Mask reserved bits in display/sprite address registers

Ben Widawsky (10):
      drm/i915: add rc6 residency times to debugfs
      drm/i915: use semaphores for the display plane
      drm/i915: rc6 in sysfs
      drm/i915: i915_gem_object_sync must handle NULL
      drm/i915: fix for when semaphore updates fail
      drm/i915: hide (seqno-1) in ringbuffer code
      drm/i915: [sparse] trivial sparse fixes
      drm/i915: [sparse] don't use variable size arrays
      drm/i915: [GEN7] Use HW scheduler for fixed function shaders
      drm/i915: rc6 residency (fix the fix)

Chris Wilson (25):
      drm/i915: Reorganise rules for get_fence/put_fence
      drm/i915: Ironlake shares the same video sprite controls as Sandybridge
      drm/i915: Allow concurrent read access between CPU and GPU domain
      drm/i915: Trigger hangcheck if we detect more a repeating missed IRQ
      drm/i915: Refactor the deferred PM_IIR handling into a single function
      drm/i915: Export the generic, not arch specific, intel_update_watermarks()
      drm/i915/sprite: Always enable the scaler on IronLake
      drm/i915/dp: Flush any outstanding work to turn the VDD off
      drm/i915: Always flush tiling changes before accessing through the GTT
      drm/i915: Replace open coded MI_BATCH_GTT
      drm/i915: Unpin the flip target if we fail to queue the flip
      drm/i915: intel_update_fbc() requires struct_mutex, so no longer atomic
      drm/i915: Don't set a MBZ bit in gen2/3 MI_FLUSH
      drm/i915: Wait for all pending operations to the fb before disabling the pipe
      drm/i915: Remove the pipelined parameter from get_fence()
      drm/i915: Remove fence pipelining
      drm/i915: Remove unused ring->setup_seqno
      drm/i915: Discard the unused obj->last_fenced_ring
      drm/i915: Simplify fence finding
      drm/i915: Remove the unsightly "optimisation" from flush_fence()
      drm/i915: Prepare to consolidate fence writing
      drm/i915: Refactor put_fence() to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Refactor fence clearing to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Refactor get_fence() to use the common fence writing routine
      drm/i915: Silence the change of LVDS sync polarity

Daniel Kurtz (9):
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: handle zero-length writes
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use double-buffered writes
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: always wait for IDLE before clearing NAK
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use WAIT cycle, not STOP
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: use INDEX cycles for i2c read transactions
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: reuse GMBUS2 value read in polling loop
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: remove POSTING_READ() from gmbus transfers
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: handle zero-length reads
      drm/i915/intel_i2c: reduce verbosity of some messages

Daniel Vetter (24):
      drm/i915: simplify ppgtt setup
      drm/i915: re-init modeset hw state after gpu reset
      drm/i915: rip out ring->irq_mask
      drm/i915: set ring->size in common ring setup code
      drm/i915: dynamically set up the render ring functions and params
      drm/i915: dynamically set up bsd ring functions and params
      drm/i915: dynamically set up blt ring functions and parameters
      drm/i915: don't set up rings on gen6+ for non-kms
      drm/i915: consolidate ring->sync-to functions
      drm/i915: abstract away ring-specific irq_get/put
      drm/i915: split out the gen5 ring irq get/put functions
      drm/i915: don't enable the gen6 bsd ring tail write enable on gen7
      drm/i915: split up ring->dispatch_execbuffer functions
      drm/i915: consolidate ring->add_request a bit
      drm/i915: don't set up gem ring functions on gen5 for !kms
      drm/i915: inline enable/disable_irq into ring->get/put_irq
      drm/i915: don't pwrite tiled objects through the gtt
      Merge tag 'v3.4-rc3' into drm-intel-next-queued
      drm/i915: implement a media hang w/a
      drm/i915: set w/a bit for snb pagefaults
      drm/i915: properly set ppgtt cacheability on snb
      drm/i915: implement w/a for incorrect guarband clipping
      drm/i915: set stc evict disable lra evict w/a
      drm/i915: invalidate render cache on gen2

Dave Airlie (1):
      drm/i915/tv: fix open-coded ARRAY_SIZE.

Eugeni Dodonov (13):
      drm/i915: add definition of LPT FDI port width registers
      drm/i915: add WRPLL divider programming bits
      drm/i915: share forcewaking code between IVB and HSW
      drm/i915: haswell has 3 pipes as well
      drm/i915: share IVB cursor routine with Haswell
      drm/i915: disable rc6 on haswell for now
      drm/i915: move fbc-related functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: move watermarks settings into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: fix line breaks in intel_pm
      drm/i915: move drps, rps and rc6-related functions to intel_pm
      drm/i915: move emon functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: move clock gating functionality into intel_pm module
      drm/i915: add generic power management initialization

Jesse Barnes (6):
      drm/i915: use register name when disabling VGA
      drm/i915: make DP configuration vars less confusing in ironlake_crtc_mode_se
      drm/i915: check PPS regs for sanity when using eDP
      drm/i915: disable turbo on ValleyView for now
      drm/i915: allow PCH PWM override on IVB
      drm/i915: IBX+ doesn't have separate vsync/hsync controls on the VGA DAC

--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-27 13:44   ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-27 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Dave Airlie; +Cc: DRI Development

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 01:45:42PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> A new drm-intel-next pull. Highlights:
> - More gmbus patches from Daniel Kurtz, I think gmbus is now ready, all
>   known issues fixed.
> - Fencing cleanup and pipelined fencing removal from Chris.
> - rc6 residency interface from Ben, useful for powertop.
> - Cleanups and code reorg around the ringbuffer code (Ben&me).
> - Use hw semaphores in the pageflip code from Ben.
> - More vlv stuff from Jesse, unfortunately his vlv cpu is doa, so less
>   merged than I've hoped for - we still have the unused function warning :(
> - More hsw patches from Eugeni, again, not yet enabled fully.
> - intel_pm.c refactoring from Eugeni.
> - Ironlake sprite support from Chris.
> - And various smaller improvements/fixes all over the place.
>
> Note that this pull request also contains a backmerge of -rc3 to sort out
> a few things in -next. I've also had to frob the shortlog a bit to exclude
> anything that -rc3 brings in with this pull.
>
> Regression wise we have a few strange bugs going on, but for all of them
> closer inspection revealed that they've been pre-existing, just now
> slightly more likely to be hit. And for most of them we have a patch
> already. Otherwise QA has not reported any regressions, and I'm also not
> aware of anything bad happening in 3.4.
>
> For 3.4 Ken discovered that one of the snb workarounds in -next is
> required to fix hangs in google maps and tons of other apps, so expect
> another -fixes pull.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>

> The following changes since commit effbc4fd8e37e41d6f2bb6bcc611c14b4fbdcf9b:
>
>   Merge branch 'drm-intel-next' of git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel into drm-core-next (2012-04-12 10:27:01 +0100)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>

>   git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-04-23

I've forgot to mention that this branch has a very funky conflict with
Linus' tree. Essentially it's just a few patches touching the same file
(not even the same functions), but the git diff algo gets completely
confused and thinks that the drm-intel-next branch completely rewrote
large parts of intel_display.c. In truth we've just moved a few functions
out of intel_display.c into intel_pm.c. But because the part in
intel_display.c where git is all confused about is also changed in the 3.4
tree, and we have a merge conflict where none should be.

drm-intel-testing has the merge resolution, in case anyone needs it.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* updated -next
@ 2012-07-22 14:33 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-07-22 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Already the first testing cycle for 3.7. Highlights:
- Some prep patches for hsw dp and the modeset rework.
- support for the ns2501 dvo from Thomas Richter (rather hackish though,
  but seems to work).
- flushing_list removal (Chris).
- reg_read interface (Ben)
- pimp the wait_timeout ioctl to return a mask of active rings, useful for
  SNA to make better calls with external dri2 objects (Chris).
- And quite a few fixes that I'll send to Dave for 3.6: context fallout,
  flushing_list fallout, backlight code cleanup fallout, improve crt ddc
  probing fallout and a few smaller fixes here & there.

Note to QA: -fixes does _not_ contain all the fixes merge into 3.5. I've
had to move -fixes to be a subset of -next so that I can send a pull
request with just those for 3.6. drm-intel-testing has additional merge to
take in everything from 3.5.

Happy testing!

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Updated -next
@ 2012-06-21  8:25 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-06-21  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

Slightly longer -next cycle than usual, somehow almost nothing was queued
up last week, so I waited a bit longer. But now there's still a sizeable
chunk of patches merged. Highlights:
- Remaining vlv patches from Jesse et al.
- Some hw workarounds from Jesse
- hw context support from Ben
- full uncore sharing on ivb
- prep work to move the gtt code from intel-gtt.c to drm/i915 for gen6+
- some backlight code improvements
- leftovers for the timeout ioctl (we've forgotten the getparam)
- ibx transcoder workarounds
- so smaller fixlets and improvements

Happy testing!

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-06-12  8:37 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-06-12  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi Dave,

rc2 is out the door so I've figured I'll annoy you with the first -next
pull request for 3.6 already. Highlights:
- new wait_rendring_timeout interface (Ben)
- l3 cache remapping and error uevent support (Ben)
- even more infoframes work from Paulo
- gen4 hotplug rework from Chris
- prep work to make Laurent Pincharts original mode constification for
  connector->mode_fixup possible

QA reported a few new bugs this time around, but no regressions afact. For
3.5 the only thing I'm aware of is the edp vdd dmesg spam Linus originally
reported - it looks like that might have been introduced in 3.5. But
somehow my brain is routinely offline when I work on that issue, so things
seem to take forever (and atm I'm at patch v4 for that little problem).

Yours, Daniel

The following changes since commit 63bc620b45af8c743ac291c8725933278c712692:

  radeon: add radeon prime vmap support. (2012-05-31 14:14:01 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-06-04

for you to fetch changes up to 1523c310b3ed964b71a8db16f70c3bc21cc0642e:

  drm/i915: add min freq control to debugfs (2012-06-04 21:34:47 +0200)

Ben Widawsky (8):
      drm/i915: timeout parameter for seqno wait
      drm/i915: improve i915_wait_request_begin trace
      drm/i915: wait render timeout ioctl
      drm/i915: s/i915_wait_request/i915_wait_seqno/g
      drm/i915: Dynamic Parity Detection handling
      drm/i915: enable parity error interrupts
      drm/i915: remap l3 on hw init
      drm/i915: l3 parity sysfs interface

Chris Wilson (6):
      drm/i915: All members of gen4 have hotplug, so unconditionally enable its irq
      drm/i915: Inspect the right status bits for DP/HDMI hotplug on gen4
      drm/i915: SDVO hotplug have different interrupt status bits for i915/i965/g4x
      drm/i915/hdmi: Query the live connector status bit for G4x
      drm/i915/dp: For consistency use the DP hotplug synonyms
      drm/i915/hdmi: Fix reg values for g4x_hdmi_connected

Daniel Vetter (14):
      drm/i915: clarify preferred sdvo input mode code
      drm/i915: don't silently ignore sdvo mode_set failures
      drm/i915: there's no cxsr on ilk
      drm/i915: reuse the sdvo tv clock adjustment in ilk mode_set
      drm/i915: s/mdelay/msleep/ in the sdvo detect function
      drm/i915: ivybridge_handle_parity_error should be static
      drm/i915: initialize the parity work only once
      drm/i915: simplify sysfs setup code
      Merge remote-tracking branch 'airlied/drm-prime-vmap' into drm-intel-next-queued
      drm/i915: clarify IBX dp workaround
      drm/i915: extract object active state flushing code
      drm/i915: compute the target_clock for edp directly
      drm/i915: adjusted_mode->clock in the dp mode_fixup
      drm/i915: don't chnage the original mode in dp_mode_fixup

Jesse Barnes (1):
      drm/i915: add min freq control to debugfs

Paulo Zanoni (11):
      drm/i915: add set_infoframes to struct intel_hdmi
      drm/i915: properly alternate between DVI and HDMI
      drm/i915: only set the HDMI port on the DIP once
      drm/i915: enable DIP before enabling each InfoFrame
      drm/i915: don't wait for vblank while writing InfoFrames
      drm/i915: explicitly disable the DIPs we're not using
      drm/i915: disable DIP while changing the port
      drm/i915: don't write 0 to DIP control at HDMI init
      drm/i915: don't set SDVO_BORDER_ENABLE when we're HDMI
      drm/i915: remove comment about HSW HDMI DIPs
      drm/i915: add some barriers when changing DIPs

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_debugfs.c     |   66 +++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_dma.c         |    1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h         |   11 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c         |  242 +++++++++++++++++++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_irq.c         |  171 ++++++++++++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_reg.h         |   56 +++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_sysfs.c       |  127 +++++++++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_trace.h       |   28 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ddi.c        |    3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c    |   47 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c         |   53 +++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_drv.h        |    9 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_hdmi.c       |  318 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_overlay.c    |    4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_panel.c      |    2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ringbuffer.c |   16 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_sdvo.c       |   56 ++++--
 include/drm/i915_drm.h                  |   10 +
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48

* Updated -next
@ 2012-06-04 20:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-06-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

3.6 merging is already fully engaged, so here's a new -next to shred. I've
pushed updated -next and -testing branches, as usual. Highlights:

@ 2012-05-06 19:09 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-05-06 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi, Intel Graphics Development

Hi all,

New stuff to test in -next (we've the testing branch updated as usual).
Highlights:
- sparse fixes from Ben.
- tons of little cleanups from Chris all over: tiling_changed
  clarification, deferred_free list removal, ...
- fix up irq handler on gen2 & gen3 + related cleanups from Chris
- prep work for wait_rendering_timeout from Ben with some nice
  refactorings
- first set of infoframe fixes from Paulo for doubleclocked CEA modes
- improve pch pll handling from Jesse and Chris
- gpu hangman, this also contains the reset fix for gen4
- rps sanity check from Chris - this papers over issues when the gpu fails
  to clock up on snb/ivb, and it is shockingly easy to hit. The code
  prints a big WARN backtrace and restores the hw to a sane state. The
  real fix is still in the works.

Wrt regressions in -next we've just got a report that one of the gmbus
patchesseems to regress a macbook - besides some initial information
gathering I haven't looked to closely yet.

Happy testing!

Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-11  9:45       ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2012-04-11  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development, Yang, Guang A, Tian, YeX

Am Mittwoch, den 11.04.2012, 08:24 +0000 schrieb Sun, Yi:

[…]

> Thank all your comments.

Thank you for your prompt reply and your work on the Intel-gfx driver.

Thanks,

Paul

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-11  8:24     ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-04-11  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Menzel; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development, Yang, Guang A, Tian, YeX

> > We finished a new round of kernel testing. The version of kernel is:
> > Kernel: (drm-intel-testing)9d0b5b5468650e0ac72a7786cf6625963f926d4d
> > Merge: ec34a01 b4db1e3
> > Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
> > Date:   Mon Apr 9 18:12:03 2012 +0200
> >
> > We covered the platform IvyBridge, SandyBridge, IronLake, G45 and
> > Pineview. 	We haven't any available HasWell machine, so didn't do
> > testing on that.
>
> the platform seems to be spelled Haswell [1].

Thanks for your correction. :)

> > General, in this circle, 11 bugs are fixed, 4 bugs are still open, and
> > 2 new bugs about suspending are filed. The detail of bugs are as
> > following:
> >
> > Fixed bugs
> > Bug 38138 - [SNB] mplayer -vo fbdev videofile will cause system hang
> > on HuronRiver (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38138)
> > Bug 40031 - [Regression] testdisplay can't display correctly with 30
> > bpp (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40031)
> > Bug 42180 - System hang while running gem_linear_blits of
> > Intel-gpu-tools (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42180)
> > Bug 47990 - [PNV]I-G-T/gem_tiled_after_untiled_blt fail
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47990)
> > Bug 48026 - [Regression]I-G-T/gem_linear_blits fail
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48026)
> > Bug 47085 - [ILK]I-G-T/gem_pipe_control_store_loop fail unstablely
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47085)
> > Bug 48028 - [Regression ILK]I-G-T/gem_tiled_blits fail
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48028)
> > Bug 48030 - [Regression ILK]I-G-T /gem_tiled_fence_blits fail
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48030)
> > Bug 42943 - [IVB] Boot with a vga monitor can't light the DP screen
> > while plugin it (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42943)
> > Bug 44305 - [IVB]The Edp can't work while booting with a monitor
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44305)
> >
> > Open bugs:
> > Bug 41976 - [IVB] screen turn to be black while switching between
> > console and x-window with 3-pipe active
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41976)
> > Bug 47990 - [PNV]I-G-T/gem_tiled_after_untiled_blt fail
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47990)
> > Bug 45867 - [IVB 3pipe] 3 Pipe Doesn't Work with Eaglemont Card
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45867)
> > Bug 45870 - [IVB PCH eDP] PCH eDP doesn't work
> > (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45870)
>
> so what are the newly submitted/opened problem reports?

Sorry, it my carelessness. The two newly bugs are:
Bug 48492 - [ILK SNB regression] system hang while resuming from S3 (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48492)
Bug 48493 - [ILK SNB regression] system auto-reboot while resuming after S4 (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48493)

> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>

> PS: Could you please adapt the subject line next time like
>
>     [QA] Testing report for `drm-intel-testing` (was: Updated -next)

Okay, good suggestion.

> for better overview in the inbox and the archive.
>

> ¹ I hope Yi is your first name. I am always confused about that. If it is, no
> comma goes after it.

Yes, Yi is my first name.

Thank all your comments.
	--Yi

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-11  7:54   ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2012-04-11  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi
  Cc: Intel Graphics Development, SSD-OTC GFX QA, Yang, Guang A, Tian, YeX

Dear Yi¹,

@ 2012-04-11  3:20 ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-04-11  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics Development
  Cc: SSD-OTC GFX QA, Yang, Guang A, Tian, YeX

Hi all,

Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Date:   Mon Apr 9 18:12:03 2012 +0200

We covered the platform IvyBridge, SandyBridge, IronLake, G45 and Pineview. 	We haven't any available HasWell machine, so didn't do testing on that.
General, in this circle, 11 bugs are fixed, 4 bugs are still open, and 2 new bugs about suspending are filed. The detail of bugs are as following:

Fixed bugs
Bug 38138 - [SNB] mplayer -vo fbdev videofile will cause system hang on HuronRiver (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38138)
Bug 40031 - [Regression] testdisplay can't display correctly with 30 bpp (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=40031)
Bug 42180 - System hang while running gem_linear_blits of Intel-gpu-tools (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42180)
Bug 47990 - [PNV]I-G-T/gem_tiled_after_untiled_blt fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47990)
Bug 48026 - [Regression]I-G-T/gem_linear_blits fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48026)
Bug 47085 - [ILK]I-G-T/gem_pipe_control_store_loop fail unstablely (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47085)
Bug 48028 - [Regression ILK]I-G-T/gem_tiled_blits fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48028)
Bug 48030 - [Regression ILK]I-G-T /gem_tiled_fence_blits fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48030)
Bug 42943 - [IVB] Boot with a vga monitor can't light the DP screen while plugin it (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42943)
Bug 44305 - [IVB]The Edp can't work while booting with a monitor (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44305)

Open bugs:
Bug 41976 - [IVB] screen turn to be black while switching between console and x-window with 3-pipe active (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41976)
Bug 47990 - [PNV]I-G-T/gem_tiled_after_untiled_blt fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47990)
Bug 45867 - [IVB 3pipe] 3 Pipe Doesn't Work with Eaglemont Card (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45867)
Bug 45870 - [IVB PCH eDP] PCH eDP doesn't work (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45870)

Thanks
   --Yi,Sun

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-10  2:09   ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-04-10  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development

> Sun, I'm sorry for the additional work, but please re-run any gpu render and
> performance testing on this new branch. Modeset issues and output testing
> should not be affected by this, so there's no need to re-run these tests you
> have already done on the old -testing branch.

That's all right. It seems affect our nightly auto testing result, but has less impact to this circle manual testing.
I'm going to update the kernel version.

Thanks
	-- Yi

> Yours, Daniel
> --
> Daniel Vetter
> Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch
> Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-04-09 16:19 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-09 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 11:45:29AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed out a new -next and testing tree. Highlights:
> - first batch of hsw enabling (Eugeni)
> - first batch of vlv enabling (Jesse and others)
> - a few cleanups spurred by the above items
> - pwrite/pread rework and speedups
> - less mappable pressure and reloc optimizations (Chris)
> - mmap_offset exhaustion mitigation (Chris)
> - more gmbus cleanups and fixes (Daniel Kurtz), now also enabled for gen2
> - a start at figuring out what code of our gem+ums/kms/dri1 codebase is
>   actually support by disallowing these ioctls
>
> Happy testing!

Ben Widawsky noticed that one of the patches I've merged accidentally
disabled rc6 and gpu turbo on snb and ivb, essentially making any gpu
render and performance testing void.

My apologies for this screw-up, I should have done better. Especially
since I've noticed the error in review, but managed to merge the patch
despite that.

I've updated the drm-intel-next and -testing branchs, the new tip of
-testing is:

commit 9d0b5b5468650e0ac72a7786cf6625963f926d4d
Merge: ec34a01 b4db1e3
Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Date:   Mon Apr 9 18:12:03 2012 +0200

    Merge remote-tracking branch 'danvet/drm-intel-fixes' into
    drm-intel-testing'

@ 2012-04-05  9:45 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-04-05  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

@ 2012-03-29  7:38 ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-03-29  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics Development; +Cc: Yang, Guang A

Hi all,

We finished new round Kernel testing. We covered both mobile and desktop machines on platforms IVB, SNB, ILK, GM965 and PNV.
The Kernel the latest on -testing branch Daniel's tree:

commit 0028cac2e9e91961384ac15aae4196eee0faf4f6
Merge: 121d527 b250da7
Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Date:   Fri Mar 23 10:44:16 2012 +0100
    Merge remote-tracking branch 'keithp-kernel/drm-intel-fixes' into drm-intel-testing
Conflicts: drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ringbuffer.c

No new bugs are filed during this circle.
But some old bugs about 3 pipes or eDP on IVB platform are still open now:

Bug 42194 - [IVB/SNB]plug in a monitor while running testdisplay fail to make the screen come up. (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42194)
Bug 44309 - [IVB eDP] 3 pipe doesn't work with eDP monitor.  (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44309)
Bug 45867 - [IVB 3pipe] 3 Pipe Doesn't Work with Eaglemont Card. (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45867)

Thanks
   --Yi,Sun

* Updated -next
@ 2012-03-23 10:03 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-03-23 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

@ 2012-03-18 21:20   ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-03-18 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi, Dave Airlie
  Cc: Intel Graphics Development, Yang, Guang A, DRI Development

Hi Dave,

QA beat on the -next tree in my absence and filed 3 new issue. Afaict
they're all new sightings of old issues (hooray for improved test-suites)
safe for a very funky sporadic failure on ilk - investigation is still
going on this one.

Otherwise the missed irq on snb poped up again, but Ben confirmed that the
full ivb voodoo works. You likely get a one-liner to enable that on snb,
too. And imo the swizzling regression has been fixed as well as possible
given the ugly situation - the patch to fix lying kernels prior to 3.2 is
submitted to stable (needed for correctness with updated mesa git/8.0)
and the mesa patch to correctly detile the stencil buffer is on track to
get into the next 8.0 release (the only affected mesa release branch).

Highlights of this pull request:
- gmbus fixes and reenabling gmbus by default (one-liner to switch back).
  Note that this also contains a i2c core change and a i2c patch for
  nouveau.
- random smaller fixes and some quirks
- the finish_gpu patch, despite the lack of a clear testcase and and
  obviously correct theory how exactly this fixes anything. But this does
  paper too well over various issues (among them the hibernate desaster,
  at least to some extent), so I've grumpily included it.
i.e. winding down for 3.4.

PSA to everyone else: I expect the next -next to go into 3.5 already, so
if I've picked up patches that you think should go into 3.4, please annoy
Keith about them.

As usual, qa report below the pull request.

Cheers, Daniel

The following changes since commit ff5f4b0585620e5c158ecaad84d91c5bf3c5d0a1:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'airlied/drm-next' into for-airlied (2012-02-23 14:56:11 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://people.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel tags/drm-intel-next-2012-03-01

for you to fetch changes up to c501ae7f332cdaf42e31af30b72b4b66cbbb1604:

  drm/i915: Only clear the GPU domains upon a successful finish (2012-03-01 21:36:13 +0100)

Benson Leung (1):
      drm/i915: Fix single msg gmbus_xfers writes

Chris Wilson (5):
      drm/i915/bios: Downgrade the "signature missing" DRM_ERROR to debug
      drm/i915: Only bump refcnt on objects scheduled for eviction
      drm/i915: No need to search again after retiring requests
      drm/i915: Silence the error message from i915_wait_request()
      drm/i915: Only clear the GPU domains upon a successful finish

Daniel Vetter (9):
      drm/i915: use the new hdmi_force_audio enum more
      drm/i915: error_buffer->ring should be signed
      drm/i915: add dev_priv to intel_gmbus
      drm/nouveau: do a better job at hiding the NIH i2c bit-banging algo
      i2c: export bit-banging algo functions
      drm/i915: merge struct intel_gpio into struct intel_gmbus
      drm/i915: merge gmbus and gpio i2c adpater into one
      drm/i915: i2c: unconditionally set up gpio fallback
      drm/i915: reenable gmbus on gen3+ again

Marc Gariepy (1):
      drm/i915: Ignore LVDS on hp t5745 and hp st5747 thin client

Philipp Grete (1):
      drm/i915: Fixes distorted external screen image on HP 2730p

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h       |   19 +++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c       |   12 +--
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem_evict.c |   19 +---
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_bios.c     |    2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c  |    2 -
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_dp.c       |   10 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_i2c.c      |  190 +++++++++++++-------------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_lvds.c     |   16 +++
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_sdvo.c     |   10 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_i2c.c |    8 +-
 drivers/i2c/algos/i2c-algo-bit.c      |    3 +-
 include/linux/i2c-algo-bit.h          |    1 +

--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-03-08  8:10 ` Sun, Yi

Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Date:   Thu Mar 1 21:47:53 2012 +0100
    Merge remote-tracking branch 'airlied/drm-fixes' into drm-intel-testing

    Conflicts:
        drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ringbuffer.c

New filed bugs:
Bug 47034 - [G45]testdisplay can't show all modes with VGA interface and black screen (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47034)
Bug 47082 - [G33]GPU hung while running gem_cs_prefetch of intel-gpu-tools (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47082)
Bug 47085 - [ILK]I-G-T/gem_pipe_control_store_loop fail unstablely (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47085)
Note that, the bug 47082 and 47085 are unstable issue. If run the test cases separately, both two cases would pass. But if run the whole i-g-t suite with make test, the two cases which involved in the bug report would fail sometimes.

It's first time that we found some Piglit cases failure caused by Kernel regression. And the bug is filed:
Bug 46863 - [ivb/snb regression] Piglit case fbo-stencil fail (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46863)

Fixed bugs:
Bug 44250 - [IVB]"[drm:intel_dsm_platform_mux_info] *ERROR* MUX INFO call failed" while booting with monitor (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44250)

Old bugs Still occurs:
Bug 41976 - [IVB] screen turn to be black while switching between console and x-window with 3-pipe active. (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41976)
Bug 42194 - [IVB/SNB]plug in a monitor while running testdisplay fail to make the screen come up. (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42194)
Bug 44309 - [IVB eDP] 3 pipe doesn't work with eDP monitor.  (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44309)
Bug 45867 - [IVB 3pipe] 3 Pipe Doesn't Work with Eaglemont Card. (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45867)

So till now, in the i-g-t test suite, only 3 failures happen with -testing branch. Two are unstable which mentioned above(gem_cs_prefetch and gem_pipe_control_store_loop), and the other one is gem_ringfill which is also filed.

Thanks
   --Yi,Sun

* Updated -next
@ 2012-03-01 20:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-03-01 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

@ 2012-02-21  7:45 ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-02-21  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics Development; +Cc: Yang, Guang A

A new round of Kernel testing is finished. We covered the platforms IvyBridge, SandyBridge, IronLake, G33 and PineView.
We use the latest version on drm-intel-testing branch:
Kernel: (drm-intel-testing)de67cba65944f26c0f147035bd62e30c5f456b96
Some additional commit info:
Author: Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka@bisect.de>
Date:   Wed Feb 15 18:53:55 2012 +0100

    Revert "drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_overlay.c needs seq_file.h"

In this round of testing, no new bugs are found.
And one bug is fixed by the patches:
Bug 44304 - [ivb 3pipe] "*ERROR* failed to set mode on [CRTC:5]" while plug in the 3rd monitor.
	( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44304)

The following 6 bugs still exist:
Bug 45729 - [bisected] Incorrect Mode Timing on DP Display, with 3.3-rc.
	(https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45729 )

* Re: updated -next
@ 2012-02-17 17:56 ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2012-02-17 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:27:44 +0100
Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Updated -next and -testing trees. I haven't merged in any of the patches
> Jesse queued up because he hasn't yet pushed out his latest -fixes tree.
> No cookies for Jesse today!

wtf I swear I pushed that branch, I even pushed updates to it.  I
wonder where those pushes have been going...

Looks like the branch is there now, I must have pushed to a bogus ref.

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* updated -next
@ 2012-02-16 17:27 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-02-16 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

@ 2012-02-07 22:59 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-02-07 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Intel Graphics Development, Sun, Yi

Hi all,

I've just pushed out an updated -next tree. Highlights:
- MI_WTF patches from Eric
- ilk/dmar workaround recursion fix from Ben
- pwrite/read EFAULT fixes for gtt userspace pointers
- error_state rework and extension (still more to come here) and some
  debugfs refactoring to make that easier
- shut up the harmless dmesg splatter from the previous next on i855gm
- fence accounting improvements from Chris, fixes an sna vs. uxa perf
  regression on gen3
- some swizzling cleanups and fixes, notably to fix swapping on
  i915g/i945g
- various other smaller things

As usual, I've also updated drm-intel-testing to the latest -next with the
latest -fixes from Keith merged in for easier testing.

Go wild, test and please report any issues.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: daniel@ffwll.ch

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-01-31  9:07       ` Jin, Gordon
From: Jin, Gordon @ 2012-01-31  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan W. Irwin, Daniel Vetter; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development

(sorry for the late reply as I just came back from vacation)

QA testing against -fixes is unchanged, i.e. running automated tests (like intel-gpu-tools) nightly, and running more manual tests in release cycle. We call it "stable build", together with release branch of other components (like mesa 8.0 branch).

The testing against "unstable build" (cutting edge code, consisting of master branch of components, like mesa master branch, and -next/-testing for kernel) is also unchanged (automated nightly testing + manual). The only thing noticeable in this transition is I suggested -next (continue) to be super-set of -fixes, to make sure the critical fixes in -fixes also included in -next, and also the expensive manual testing against -next partly covers -fixes. Thus Daniel created -testing to meet my requirement.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
Gordon

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-01-21 19:45     ` Alan W. Irwin
From: Alan W. Irwin @ 2012-01-21 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development

On 2012-01-21 15:12+0100 Daniel Vetter wrote:

> drm-intel-testing is drm-intel-next and drm-intel-fixes merged together
> (as the time of when I've pushed things out). Gordon Jin said that he
> prefers to qa one single branch and that qa will take the job of finding
> out whether an issue has been introduced in -fixes or in -next. I agree
> that it makes more sense to test everything together, otherwise you'll
> miss some of the bugfixes in -fixes.

As an Intel graphics user whose number-one concern is stability, I
have to make a comment here.  I fully appreciate that the top priority
for qa should be the cutting edge so that Intel developers get quick
feedback on their changes.  But that leaves the -fixes branch untested
_on its own_ by qa, and I urge Gordon Jin to rethink that decision.
After all, the -fixes branch is quite important to the end user of
Intel graphics since it generally propagates sooner than
-intel-testing to the users. Also, doing qa for both -intel-testing
and -fixes should not double the burden on the qa group since -fixes
is much less volatile so doesn't have to be tested nearly as often as
-intel-testing.

In sum, my feeling is that if the -fixes branch is to have any
separate meaning at all, it has to go through the same qa process
(although not as often) as drm-intel-testing.

My $0.02.

Alan
__________________________
Alan W. Irwin

__________________________

Linux-powered Science
__________________________

* Re: Updated -next
@ 2012-01-21 14:12   ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2012-01-21 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sun, Yi; +Cc: Intel Graphics Development

@ 2012-01-21  4:15 ` Sun, Yi
From: Sun, Yi @ 2012-01-21  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Intel Graphics Development

> Hi all,
>
> Not much in the first -next update under the new process, I'd like to
> tests the qa process first. Highligths:
> - first part of i9xx_crtc_mode_set refactor from Jesse
> - quite a few ajax-is-paranoid patches
> - HAS_LLC param from Eugeni
> - kill i915_mem.c
>
> For easier testing there's also an updated drm-intel-testing branch with
> the latest -fixes merged in (i.e. the missed irq patches). Testing
> feedback highly welcome.
>
> Hi Yi,
>
> Please put the -testing branch through the kernel qa process. Btw I've
> noticed that the nightly tests are missing a few recent i-g-t tests,
> please upgrade that.

Hi Daniel,

I'm confused about branch drm-intel-testing. Does it mean drm-intel-next branch when you said branch drm-intel-testing?

Thank you for finding the issue in nightly tests, I'll work it out soon.

By the way, we will be in vacation till Jan 30th.

Thanks
  --Sun Yi

> Cheers, Daniel
> --