Linux-NVME Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Issue With NVME CLI list Command
@ 2019-10-10 19:11 Jeffrey Lien
From: Jeffrey Lien @ 2019-10-10 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Busch, linux-nvme

Keith,
I'm getting a "Failed to scan namespaces" error message back from the "nvme list" command after updating my fork and picking up your changes from Aug 28th.  The cause of the failure is the following check in the function verify_legacy_ns (in nvme-topology.c):

	if (memcmp(id.mn, c->id.mn, sizeof(id.mn)) ||
	    memcmp(id.sn, c->id.mn, sizeof(id.sn)))
		return -ENODEV;

The problem I see is that ctrl info is never filled in (at least in my case).  Both c->id.mn and c->id.sn are blank.  Looking back in the legacy_list function, I don't see how the ctrl info is ever filled in.  Maybe it's just something strange in my case; I would have thought someone would have stumbled across already but maybe not.  If I remove the above check; everything seems to work so I think the code is basically working as expected.    Could you review the changes and either confirm what I'm seeing or let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks

Jeff Lien
Linux Device Driver Development
Device Host Apps and Drivers