ksummit.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINERS SUMMIT] Talking code or talking in code!
@ 2019-05-30 22:19 Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2019-05-30 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit-discuss

We as a community talk code in emails. Do we talk in code at times? How
effective are we in communicating with each other?

I would like to propose a topic to explore our communication styles to
get a better understanding of how effective we are. I am hoping, we
could become more productive, if we get some insight into whether or not
we talk in code while we talk code.

We could do this by inviting Isabella Ferreira, PhD Student in Computer
Engineering, Polytechnique Montréal to tell us about Sentimine,
which is a plugin on top of the cregit platform focused on analyzing
communication in open source communities. It will include a short survey
focused on analyzing a few emails for clarity and perception.

I participated in one of her previous presentations and found it a
useful experiment, as it made me stop and think about my understanding
and perception of interactions.

thanks,
-- Shuah