* Re: Re: File System shootout...
@ 2003-10-10 11:55 ` Dieter =?unknown-8bit?q?N=FCtzel?=
From: linux-kernel-owner @ 2003-10-10 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikita; +Cc: linux-kernel, mikeb, Reiserfs-List

> Mike Benoit writes:
>  > To all those who are interested, here are the results of the benchmarks
>  > I've been running over the last week between all the major file systems
>  > (and there different mount options) using both Bonnie++ and IOzone. More
>  > tests are currently underway, so the results will be updated as they
>  > come in.
>  >
>  > Hopefully these results will give you a good comparative overview of each of the
>  > different file systems strengths and weaknesses.
>  >
>  > http://fsbench.netnation.com/
>
> I should probably add that I am getting quite different bonnie++ results
> for reiser4 vs. ext3:
>
> on the box with 128M of ram:

Why no numbers for ReiserFS 3.xx plus data-logging patch (odered/journal/writeback, e.g. current code) like ext3?

Greetings,
   Dieter

From: Dieter =?unknown-8bit?q?N=FCtzel?= @ 2003-10-10 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikita; +Cc: linux-kernel, mikeb, Reiserfs-List

> Mike Benoit writes:
>  > To all those who are interested, here are the results of the benchmarks
>  > I've been running over the last week between all the major file systems
>  > (and there different mount options) using both Bonnie++ and IOzone. More
>  > tests are currently underway, so the results will be updated as they
>  > come in.
>  >
>  > Hopefully these results will give you a good comparative overview of each of the
>  > different file systems strengths and weaknesses.
>  >
>  > http://fsbench.netnation.com/
>
> I should probably add that I am getting quite different bonnie++ results
> for reiser4 vs. ext3:
>
> on the box with 128M of ram:

Why no numbers for ReiserFS 3.xx plus data-logging patch (odered/journal/writeback, e.g. current code) like ext3?

Greetings,
   Dieter

* Re: Re: File System shootout...
  (?)
@ 2003-10-14 21:15 ` Mike Benoit
From: Mike Benoit @ 2003-10-14 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Nützel; +Cc: Nikita, Reiserfs-List

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 04:55, Dieter Nützel wrote:
> > Mike Benoit writes:
> >  > To all those who are interested, here are the results of the benchmarks
> >  > I've been running over the last week between all the major file systems
> >  > (and there different mount options) using both Bonnie++ and IOzone. More
> >  > tests are currently underway, so the results will be updated as they
> >  > come in.
> >  >
> >  > Hopefully these results will give you a good comparative overview of each of the
> >  > different file systems strengths and weaknesses.
> >  >
> >  > http://fsbench.netnation.com/
> >
> > I should probably add that I am getting quite different bonnie++ results
> > for reiser4 vs. ext3:
> >
> > on the box with 128M of ram:
>
> Why no numbers for ReiserFS 3.xx plus data-logging patch (odered/journal/writeback, e.g. current code) like ext3?

Do you have a link to the 2.6.0-test5+ data-logging patch?

--
Best Regards,

Mike Benoit
NetNation Communications Inc.
Systems Engineer
Tel: 604-684-6892 or 888-983-6600
 ---------------------------------------

 Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are my own and not
 necessarily those of my employer

* Re: File System shootout...
@ 2004-02-16 13:23   ` Dieter Nützel
From: Dieter Nützel @ 2004-02-16 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mikeb; +Cc: reiserfs-list

Am Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 23:15 schrieb Mike Benoit:
> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 04:55, Dieter Nützel wrote:
> > > Mike Benoit writes:
> > >  > To all those who are interested, here are the results of the
> > >  > benchmarks I've been running over the last week between all the
> > >  > major file systems (and there different mount options) using both
> > >  > Bonnie++ and IOzone. More tests are currently underway, so the
> > >  > results will be updated as they come in.
> > >  >
> > >  > Hopefully these results will give you a good comparative overview of
> > >  > each of the different file systems strengths and weaknesses.
> > >  >
> > >  > http://fsbench.netnation.com/
> > >
> > > I should probably add that I am getting quite different bonnie++
> > > results for reiser4 vs. ext3:
> > >
> > > on the box with 128M of ram:
> >
> > Why no numbers for ReiserFS 3.xx plus data-logging patch
> > (odered/journal/writeback, e.g. current code) like ext3?
>
> Do you have a link to the 2.6.0-test5+ data-logging patch?

v3 experimental data=ordered and logging speedups for 2.6.1
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=reiserfs&m=107453067611552&w=2

And following posts.

Hope it's not too late or double post...;-)

Running very well with SuSE's 9.0 2.6.2-6 on RAID0 and RAID1, U320 15k.

Cheers,
	Dieter